The Times and The Sunday Times are seeking an enthusiastic puzzles expert to manage and curate our puzzles content.
The successful candidate will oversee our puzzles team, engage with our fantastic puzzles community and commission content which enriches and upholds the high standards of our puzzles output.
You will have experience managing a team and an insatiable appetite for all types of puzzles, crosswords and games along with a boundless supply of ideas and contacts in the area.
Please apply with a covering letter and your CV by December 5.
- Manage the puzzles team, including production staff, retainers and contributors
- Successfully manage productive relationships with the Editors of both papers
- Commission distinctive puzzles content that can feature across The Times and The Sunday Times on all platforms
- Sign off each day’s puzzles in print and digital, meeting daily deadlines and ensuring the content conforms to the standards demanded by readers
- Respond to correspondence from readers
- Work with colleagues and third parties to commission, test and launch new digital content as well as improving the existing digital experience
- Collaborate with colleagues in commercial, competitions, design and pictures on elements that enhance our puzzles content
- Write a weekly puzzles newsletter for subscribers
- Be our resident puzzles expert and communicate that knowledge effectively as a representative of The Times and The Sunday Times
Skills and experience:
- Experience managing a team, including external contributors, ideally within the puzzles and games or wider publishing sector
- Experience in and a demonstrable passion for all types of puzzles, crosswords and games with good contacts in the field
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a record of developing positive relationships with colleagues
- Highly organised with strong planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to gain proficiency with complex digital systems
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Experience of liaising with readers and/or members of the public
- An understanding of editorial compliance and regulatory issues