WE ARE IMMEDIATE
Immediate Media is the special interest content and platform company. We own and operate some of the best-loved brands in the UK including Radio Times, BBC Good Food and BBC History. And we only focus on special interest markets, engaging over 82 million passionate consumers globally each month, offering them world-class content and innovative new products and services.
We sum up our mission in three words: Content. Passion. Engagement. Our focus is to help our audiences get the most out of the things they love, whatever they spend their time and energy on. Our people are as passionate about their subjects as our consumers. We’re focussed on growth across our business and are constantly looking for new and exciting ways to innovate.
We pride ourselves on our open, collaborative and dynamic culture which encourages people to thrive, and give their best whilst being supported, developed and nurtured. As we care about our people, our environment and the impact we make, we have an active Diversity & Inclusion network, comprehensive well-being programmes, and clear sustainability strategies.
For us, it’s really important to connect with our people, particularly as we’re all remote right now. So, we’ve developed a programme of events, workshops and webinars with a rich and diverse mix of content to appeal to everyone.
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Digital Reviews Writer with sharp SEO skills and a keen eye for detail to join our growing eCommerce team and create detailed and thoroughly tested product reviews in consumer technology.
You’ll sit within the central Commerce team and report to the Head of Content Strategy while also working closely with the wider brand teams. Through a combination of thorough research and hands on testing, you’ll scrutinise the latest products on the market and write your verdicts up in clear, SEO optimised reviews and best-lists.
This is a fast-paced role and we’re looking for someone who is organised and able to follow consistent testing criteria to turn around SEO-optimised content quickly.
You’ll get training and experience to hone your skills in writing, testing and marketing, and the opportunity to build your career as a journalist working for some of the best loved brands in the UK.
Your role as a Digital Reviews Writer will include:
- Researching and reviewing the latest products using a consistent testing matrix
- Writing in-depth, useful product reviews which are optimised for search and rank for relevant ‘review’ keywords in Google
- Using your research to maintain evergreen “best buy” lists, optimising your content to make sure it ranks highly in Google for keywords with purchase intent
- Keeping an ear to the ground about the latest news and new releases from key brands in your sector
- Creating or sourcing high quality photography to accompany reviews
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- A good understanding of the best and most popular brands on the market in consumer technology
- A keen interest in tech and experience working in a tech related business/industry sector
- A background in product testing
- A good understanding of SEO and the role it plays in acquiring new readers for online publishers
- A methodical approach to tasks, able to follow checklists and deliver against consistent product testing standards
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy, especially when crafting copy with tight deadlines
- CMS experience
- A relaxed working environment with regular socials including summer festival!
- Immediate Community webinars including Yoga, exercise, cooking classes and so much more!
- 25 Days holiday
- A progressive and transparent culture with clear career progression
- Flexible / Remote working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Competitive pension plans
- Life Assurance
- We’re committed to building a diverse group of talent with a broad range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities and will give full and fair consideration to all applicants.
We’re committed to building a diverse group of talent with a broad range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities and will give full and fair consideration to all applicants. We know that flexibility is key to success and our people work flexibly in many different ways, so if this is important to you please let us know.