At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Senior Digital Writer (Food) to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, Good Housekeeping and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
For more than 95 years, Good Housekeeping is Britain’s biggest-selling lifestyle magazine, has delivered recipes and consumer tests, as well as home, health, beauty and fashion advice.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Good Housekeeping’s Senior Digital Writer (Food) will be passionate about food and drink from new product launches to the latest food trends. You will be a proactive, self-starter who loves data and how it can help grow GH’s food section. As part of this role, you will own GH’s food and drink SEO strategy, overseeing the creation and optimisation of content while also exploring ecommerce opportunities for the brand. You will also work with Good Housekeeping’s Digital Cookery Writer and Videographer on our monthly recipe development and video strategy.
This role sits within the central GH digital team. You will source and write daily food and drink news stories, while working with the SEO director on GH’s food SEO strategy.
- Work with the Lifestyle Digital Director and GH’s deputy digital editor across all areas of GH digital food strategy including newsletters and ecommerce content.
- Work with the social media editor to create food content for Good Housekeeping social media channels increasing engagement.
- Write food news and features relevant to GH’s digital audience.
- Monitor food analytics and trends, reporting back to the digital and Lifestyle cookery team.
- Be committed to creating diverse and inclusive content.
You will ideally have experience working on a consumer website with strong working knowledge of SEO. As the Senior Digital Writer, you will have the ability to generate and translate ideas and concepts into first class digital features.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Summer working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.