Shard Financial Media are looking for a creative, committed person who wants to forge a reputation for the highest quality journalism across breaking news, analysis and features. We are searching for a journalist willing to embrace a rare opportunity to forge a network of board-level contacts across financial services, and among firms that are now rescuing businesses on Britain’s high streets.
With exclusive access to contacts at the country’s largest banks and financial institutions, this position offers the chance to beat national newspapers to national news stories, but also to produce analysis and features that lead the agenda.
In a year when the UK economy recovers from a global pandemic, Shard’s new journalist will be at the epicentre of it all, covering the activities of those responsible for its recovery.
Working across our Credit Strategy, Turnaround, Restructuring & Insolvency (TRI) News and FSE Media brands you will be responsible for the following:
- To provide breaking news and a daily news service for the Credit Strategy, FSE Media and TRI websites.
- To write bespoke analysis and features on the impact of the recession on financial services firms and consumers, as well as the survival of companies affected by the pandemic.
- To conduct centrepiece interviews in the magazine with CEOs and other executives.
- For those interested to broaden their skills, the chance to take part or present live television broadcasts in a London TV studio, for our audience.
- To build a network of contacts across banks, building societies, credit card companies, law firms, private equity houses and accountancy giants such as PwC, EY and others.
We are looking for an NCTJ-qualified journalist with two years’ experience in a B2B or consumer publication. Experience covering financial services is desirable but not essential.
As an organiser of diversity award programmes and events, Shard Financial Media takes an active role in championing diversity in various industries. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.