Department: Reviews and Advice Content Strategy
Location: London - Hybrid Working (5-8 days per month in the office)
Job type: Permanent
We are looking for a talented senior editor to lead our Technology content strategy though its next exciting phase across Which.co.uk, Which? Computing magazine and other related digital and print channels.
What will you do?
As one of our senior editors, you’ll work with the head of content to set the future strategic direction of Which?’s technology offering across print and digital channels, and through content supporting our Tech Support helpdesk phoneline. Your goal will be to ensure our technology offering is the best in class for consumers and achieves its commercial and impact targets.You will also:
- Play a lead role in setting the direction and development of Which? Computing, our bi-monthly technology magazine with 84,960 loyal subscribers.
- Be responsible for commissioning and editing each issue, ensuring it hits its retention and customer satisfaction targets. As an expert in technology and through developing a deep understanding of your current and target readers, you’ll also play a role in informing the strategy for acquiring new subscribers.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day commissioning and editing of a portion of our technology content on which.co.uk and have full responsibility for developing our digital content on computing.which.co.uk - covering a wide range of tech content, with a particular focus on how-tos.
- Take on the management and development of some other editors working across digital and print content.
- Act as a role model and leader within the organisation, ensuring that plans, people and processes are joined up, prioritised and delivered in such a way that our teams and content meet their goals.
- Work closely with colleagues across the organisation including those in our commercial, digital development, marketing, research and campaigns to ensure that all content you oversee is in line with business objectives.
- Need to be deeply connected to the needs of our Which? members (both paying and non-paying subscribers and users) and market trends, ensuring we’re able to create relevant, targeted and timely content that will demonstrably meet our audience’s needs.
What we're looking for?
- Proven multi-channel senior editorial skills including commissioning, editing, and editorial product and proposition development – ideally on a consumer technology title, app or website
- Clear grasp of legal principles and what constitutes responsible journalism
- Strong visual sense, including working with designers to create impactful covers and a coherent overall magazine experience
- Experience of strategic planning and project management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ideally with experience of acting as a spokesperson to the media and other external audiences
- High motivation and exceptional organisational skills, to enable you to prioritise and balance multiple demands
- Excellent leadership skills including the ability to motivate and influence a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Experience managing and developing other team members.
What you can expect from us?
We’ll expect a lot from you as Senior editor (Technology) - Which? Computing magazine and Which.co.uk but you can expect just as much from us in return. We offer one of the most comprehensive rewards packages around — it includes a generous pension scheme, 28 days’ holiday (pro rata), life assurance and an extremely flexible approach to hybrid working. On top of that, we can provide you with a fun and supportive environment to ensure you enjoy building your career with us.
About the Which? way of life?
We want you to do great work and enjoy it in a workplace that respects and empowers you. In 2019 we were a runner up in the medium-sized organisation category for Britain's Healthiest Workplace, and we signed up to the Time to Change employer pledge that protects staff against mental health discrimination. We're also a Stonewall accredited employer.
To apply please attach your CV and a short covering letter outlining why you would be a good fit.
At Which? we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We want to receive applications from all regardless of age, gender identity, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, race or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, social economic background. We believe that a diverse workforce helps us to understand and create a positive impact for consumers. We want to ensure that everybody can apply and be part of our recruitment processes, and therefore when required we make reasonable adjustments to accommodate our candidates.