At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Executive Editor, Digital (Mat Cover) to start next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Men’s Health, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
Women’s Health is the UK’s number-one authority on health and wellness. It leads the charge in empowering and championing its consistently growing audience to help women achieve a smarter, fitter, happier lifestyle. Our content is as practical as it inspirational and brings together the latest stories from the worlds of health, fitness, fashion, food and beyond. Women's Health encourages small, realistic changes that give big, long-lasting results.
Women’s Health’s Acting Executive Editor (Digital) will oversee the day-to-day running and future-facing strategy for the digital arm of the brand.
Reporting into the Editor-In-Chief, the role will work alongside the Executive Editor (Print) to help develop the editorial strategy of the brand and to ensure a collaborative, creative and cohesive approach.
You will be responsible for knowing the brand’s digital audience inside and out, able to anticipate their needs and forecast trends to meet the changing landscape. You will not only oversee and finesse our award-winning traffic-driving content, but lead the brand’s e-commerce delivery, social media expansion and video growth.
- Work with the Editor-In-Chief and Executive Editor (Print) to realise the brand strategy and vision, ensuring a clear and unified approach, informed by data, that puts our audience first.
- Work closely with the Executive Editor and Editor-In-Chief, to deliver an integrated approach to all content creation and production, ensuring every opportunity is fully exploited and developed to its potential.
- Assist in the communication of this vision to internal and external stakeholders, from internal PR and sales, to external PRs, agents and clients.
- Manage the digital output, guiding and supporting to create best-in-class content across our digital platforms, delivering consistent editorial excellence.
- Shape and implement the over-arching digital strategy for the brand, always thinking three steps ahead about where we need to be and how we’re going to get there.
- Ensure factual accuracy and legal safety of all copy, as well as ensuring our tone remains consistent and our core brand principles are ever-present.
- Keep on top of all product updates and changes to best practice from SEO to social, communicating changes to the team and Editor-In-Chief.
- Lead the team in continuous creativity, contributing a never-ending stream of ideas for cross-platform content ideas that push the entire brand forwards.
- Edit content and push ideas forward, guiding the team to create the best quality journalism possible, that will delight our audiences and win awards.
- Ensure the team have digital KPIs that deliver into the overall brand strategy.
- Guide the team in the execution of our e-commerce strategy, ensuring KPIs are hit, content is engaging, and new opportunities are exploited.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the business to grow revenue and enhance our commercial proposition.
- Oversee the Social Media Manager and to run our social media channels and video content, ensuring followers are retained and grown, relevant KPIs around engagement etc are hit and that content is innovative and ever-evolving.
- Work collaboratively with the Hearst central video team.
- Data analysis and interpretation, creating reports and best practices that will help inform both the team and the wider business in understanding our learnings and spotting opportunities for growth.
- Maximise the use of audience data through polls, social media and traffic to keep on top of feedback and brand perception.
- Work with the Editor-In-Chief to ensure the smooth running of the digital brand financially, from managing budget to processing invoices.
- Work closely with the Editor-in-Chief to create a strategy for Women’s Health Collective – the brand’s membership platform
- Being fully immersed in the world of Women’s Health and wellness media, ensuring the brand is on top of the latest trends and leading the news agenda.
- Build a strong working relationship with our counterparts on Women’s Health US, exploiting opportunities for collaboration and content-sharing, and keeping up-to-date with their workflows and structure.
- Promote the brand when necessary through media and public appearances, when there is a clear return on time spent.
EXPERIENCE AND CORE SKILLS
- A thorough knowledge of and passion for the Women’s Health brand is essential.
- A proven track record of running a digital brand and managing a team is essential.
- Ability to keep a cool head under pressure, multi-task and remain professional in fast-paced situations with multiple stake-holders present is essential.
- Experience and understanding on how to utilise and grow various digital platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube is essential.
- A solid knowledge of both SEO and e-commerce, and how to build a strong search strategy that results in both traffic growth and revenue with the best possible UX is essential.
- A working knowledge of analytics, able to use data to shape and inform our digital content strategy is essential.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to implement a well-oiled and efficient digital publishing process is essential.
- Previous managerial experience is essential.
- A working knowledge of budgeting and financial reporting, being comfortable managing and tracking spend and understanding revenue breakdowns is essential.
WHAT WE OFFER
- At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Hybrid working!
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.