The Media Law & First Amendment intern will join Dow Jones's legal department in its New York City offices for ten weeks in the summer of 2022. The intern will work primarily with Dow Jones's litigation and press attorneys, focusing on matters affecting publication, access to information, news-gathering, and domestic and international free speech laws.
- Drafting memoranda
- Helping to resolve the day-to-day issues that arise in publishing The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Barron's, and other publications
- The intern may also be exposed to matters involving business transactions, labor and employment law, patents, and trademarks
- Candidates should be either first or second-year law students (with preference given to first-years) and have a demonstrated interest in and commitment to media law
- Intellectually curious, willing to express thoughts freely
- Superb interpersonal, presentation, and writing skills
- Able to prioritize, manage, and execute tasks, while adhering to critical project timelines in a very fast-paced environment
- Interested students should submit a cover letter, resume, and law school transcript with their application.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: LEGAL
Job Category: About Us
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 28574