Content Manager, PRI Academy Principles for Responsible Investment
- Salary: £43,000 - £48,000
- Location: London UK
- Closing: 6:00pm, 3rd Jan 2022 GMT
About the PRI
The PRI is the world’s leading proponent of responsible investment. It works to understand the investment implications of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors and to support its international network of investor signatories in incorporating these factors into their investment and ownership decisions. The PRI acts in the long-term interests of its signatories, of the financial markets and economies in which they operate and ultimately of the environment and society as a whole. The PRI is truly independent. It encourages investors to use responsible investment to enhance returns and better manage risks but does not operate for its own profit; it engages with global policymakers but is not associated with any government; it is supported by, but not part of, the United Nations.
About the PRI Academy
The PRI Academy (a subsidiary of the PRI) provides industry-leading training for investment professionals on how environmental, social and governance issues (ESG) impact company performance, shareholder value and investment decision making. The training is completely web-based with a global curriculum designed to upskill teams and professionals across investment and capital markets. The Academy is the global leader in responsible investment training having enrolled over 12,000 professionals from almost 90 countries.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in curating and enhancing the Academy’s offering by leveraging the PRI’s deep subject matter expertise to ensure we remain the global leader in responsible investment education. The role provides considerable scope for development, the opportunity to work alongside influential signatories and thought leaders, and to gain a deep understanding of responsible investment practice.
The successful candidate will join a small team of highly motivated, culturally diverse professionals in a successful and rapidly growing social enterprise. The PRI is a highly engaging place to work, with a supportive culture fostering continuous learning and flexible working policies.
The Content Manager will work closely with colleagues across the organisation to manage the educational offering of the PRI Academy, and play a key role as we scale the Academy through new and enhanced course materials. The post-holder will also have responsibility for coordinating and implementing content updates, ensuring the Academy’s course offerings are always aligned with the wider PRI’s direction and messaging.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for objectives and audiences, and the ability to distil complex technical material into clear targeted messaging and learning content. Existing knowledge in the operation and impact of financial markets would be advantageous, and applications are welcomed from candidates with backgrounds in financial journalism or sustainability communications. Experience in e-learning, instructional design or learning experience design would be beneficial, but training will be provided .
- Engaging and working with research teams and subject matter experts to translate technical content into targeted learning materials
- Managing and implementing the quarterly review and updates of course content
- Supporting in the development of new courses and learning content based on market demand
- Taking ownership for course content so as to ensure the Academy is always aligned with the latest PRI policy and messaging
- Working with the Academy team and wider PRI to guide the look and feel of Academy courses and materials
- Reviewing materials developed by other course providers and benchmarking these against the Academy’s courses
- Working with the Academy team for business strategy planning, client calls, and market research, as required.
- Providing regular reporting to Director of PRI Academy, as required.
PRI expects roles at a ‘ Senior Associate level’ within the organisation to demonstrate skills across the following core competencies:
- Uses business knowledge and analysis to identify issues, applying fact-based insight to develop and evaluate options, offering solutions in a timely manner
- Identifies gaps in working practices that impact effectiveness and proposes solutions
- Maintains a professional and impartial stance in assessing all information which feeds into decision making
- Balances rigour with pragmatism in conducting analyses that are fit for purpose
- Effectively reviews and quality-checks all analyses
- Focuses on maximising Signatory or operational value and driving PRI outcomes
- Actively keeps up-to-date with developments both within the PRI and externally
- Utilises knowledge and experience across the PRI to ensure highest quality outputs are delivered
- Balances the internal needs of the PRI and that of Signatory Organisations to deliver outputs
- Understands how own area of responsibility drives value to the PRI and meets its mission
- Builds consensus and trust amongst team members and wider colleagues
- Is responsive to feedback, proactively following up to ensure any issues are resolved
- Proactively engages with colleagues in the wider organisation to gain a broader understanding of issues
- Flexes style and approach based on colleagues’ level of understanding and preferences
- Speaks in a variety of settings, varying style based on type of audience
- Uses a variety of innovative methods in presentations to engage the audience and improve their understanding
- Clarifies matters/issues by absorbing and understanding relevant information and feeding them back in concise terms
- Engages the recipient using their language, tailoring communication style for the audience
- Knows and leverages own strengths
- Actively seeks opportunities to enhance knowledge/ experience
- Gains input and facilitates challenge to improve processes and new ways of working
- Actively seeks and shares feedback wherever possible, as a means of improvement
- Maintains a local network of contacts to encourage knowledge sharing
- Has a strong sense of execution and delivery, working to agreed deadlines, involving relevant colleagues and allowing enough time for review and quality assurance
- Monitors and reports on progress, providing regular updates as appropriate
- Builds time into work plans or projects to assess performance and provide feedback
Technical Competencies & Experience:
- Demonstrable ability to create clear targeted and impactful messages or learning content from complex technical sources
- Excellent understanding of English grammar and usage, including the principles of plain English
- Experience engaging technical subject matter experts to develop digestible content for wider audiences
- Experience planning and managing projects, and comfortable defining and working to realistic but ambitious deadlines
- An interest in responsible investment, sustainability and ESG issues are highly desirable
- An understanding of the operations and impact of financial markets
- A collaborative and consultative approach to working with others, we are committed to fostering an inclusive working environment
- Highly organised with proven strong project management skills
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to liaise with all levels of the PRI people community