This role requires an experienced business reporter working to deliver a strong portfolio of digital and print products.
The Telegraph business team covers everything from FTSE 100 companies to the best of the UK's small businesses, from house price data to macro-economic statistics, and everything in between.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.
- Responsible for coverage of business both in print and online
- Develop interview and feature ideas within the sector and beyond, with a focus on exclusive insights which will support our subscription strategy
- Ability to spot trends and identify sector developments before they are widely reported
- Ability to write for other parts of the newspaper when required
- Aiding the business desk in helping to coach younger reporters when requested
- Speaking at industry events as required, and building up a detailed book of senior contacts
- Experience of reporting on business news, with some previous experience covering business, in a newspaper, newswire or digital environment
- Developing stories on digital and print platforms
- Able to spot stories and opportunities from raw data – high level of numerical literacy
- Demonstrable proof of the ability to tell stories in a concise but interesting way
- A strong network of relevant contacts
- Digitally savvy - understanding of digital storytelling and optimisation of content through social media and SEO
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
For more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.