FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Creative Director
EMPLOYEE STATUS: At-Will
Job Summary: Develop digital creative assets for video and social media as part of Investor's Business Daily's creative team. This individual must be a strategic and creative thinker, a self-starter, and a collaborator willing to learn and share ideas. Work includes social animations, GIFs, web banners and campaigns in collaboration the marketing team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create a variety of social campaigns - motion graphics, 2D animation, interactive campaigns.
- Design social media content, GIFs, animation, banner ads that resonate with our audience.
- Develop social media assets to promote IBD products and content for different social platforms or on Investors.com.
- Animate illustrations or infographics.
- Take direction and collaborate with Creative director. Work with marketing and social teams.
- Work from creative briefs and skillfully receive and apply feedback.
- Must understand and be able to comply with IBD brand identity & guidelines
- Strong conceptual thinker. Designer must execute ideas and also be a part of the initial creative process from brainstorming to post mortems
- Embrace new technologies and techniques to deliver your best work.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite tools - Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects.
- Knowledge of Figma or Sketch.
- Handling motion graphics development for sizzle reels, explainer videos, marketing videos
- Excellent design, typography and layout skills.
- Well-versed with industry standard design programs for the creation of high-end motion design projects from beginning to end.
- Exceptional storyteller, good understanding of YouTube, Facebook, TikTok and Instagram and what is trending.
- Challenges conventional practices and use creativity and data to innovate, problem solve, and implement ideas to contribute to the growth of the organization.
- Perform all work and activities with honesty and integrity.
- Effectively communicate (and listen) clearly, professionally, politely and persuasively in all situations; respond well and in a reasonable, timely manner.
- Support and meet company/department goals and core values.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to achieve common goals.
- Adhere to deadlines.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in design-related field preferred
- 1-2 years experience
- Portfolio of work
Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to type. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: Investor's Business Daily
Job Category: Art/Graphics Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 28995