Luminous PR is a fast-growing tech PR agency with a global reach, dedicated to helping ambitious technology companies build their brand and achieve business outcomes. Our portfolio features new-to-market startups through to heavyweight global enterprises, predominantly in the B2B space.
We are a connected team that works seamlessly across a remote-working landscape to support our clients’ businesses every step of the way, delivering impactful results through strategic communications, expert counsel, and powerful storytelling.
When you work with us, we support you in a way that nurtures your growth, helps you navigate those tough days, and empowers you to achieve and shine.
Account Directors at Luminous PR are guardians of day-to-day client, team and media relationships. Balancing a commercial mind with creative thinking and proven writing skills, you will manage a portfolio of clients, ensuring targets are consistently exceeded and that processes are efficient and profitable for the business. Working under the guidance of your Account Director, you will manage and motivate an ambitious PR team successfully through their daily responsibilities, help them to develop their skillsets, and establish appropriate internal communications and practices to create an inspiring place to grow and achieve. You will be an experienced and hands-on project manager, creative problem solver and an anticipatory leader who always thinks three steps ahead.
Job Description: Account Director
A Luminous PR Account Director will be an experienced PR professional who will undertake ultimate leadership of their respective client relationships, management of all aspects of the account team, upselling on their accounts, and performing any day to day operations as necessary on the account. Additionally, an Account Director will be expected to participate in sourcing and securing new business, and contribute to the overall management of the company.
The job will include a variety of responsibilities. These may change over time, making the following list indicative but not necessarily exhaustive.
- Will be responsible for managing client relationships at all levels
- Will ensure that their team is regarded as being their client’s highly trusted adviser
- Will be responsible for ensuring that LuminousPR meets all client objectives within agreed timescales
- Will monitor LuminousPR time spent on each client relationship to ensure it does not consistently breach agreed limits
- Will ensure the team meets agreed targets
- Will be confident in quickly identifying and building reactive strategies
- Will be confident in giving strategic counsel to clients to help them set business comms strategy.
Assisting with agency growth.
- Will participate in the company’s marketing programme, identifying potential clients, looking to develop relationships with potential customers, and preparing pitch documents
- Will lead pitch teams, and be responsible for ensuring that LuminousPR presentations consistently meet the highest standards
- Will have outstanding presentation skills
- Will upsell existing clients where applicable, help build ongoing prospect lists, and assist with sourcing and securing new business
- Will have a relentless commitment to retaining existing client business
- Will provide strong and supportive leadership to his/her team
- Will ensure that his/her team is clearly focused on delivering outstanding PR programmes both on time and within budget
- Will ensure that the written and verbal communications of each team member are outstanding · Will provide structured and regular feedback for each team member and assist in their training programme
- Will actively nurture and take ownership of helping less experienced members of the team to develop skills and media relationships
- Will be responsible for keeping his/her account team focused on client objectives
An Account Director is expected to think about how the LuminousPR business can improve, both in terms of client performance, financial performance and as a place to enjoy a successful career. Account Directors are thus expected to make a full contribution to corporate development.
A Luminous Account Director will represent the company in many capacities, thus the highest standards of personal and professional behaviour are expected at all times. As Account Director, you will provide a positive role model for our staff. You will be expected to keep up to date with industry trends, and to share knowledge appropriately with colleagues.
As a priority, Luminous expects all staff to respect and care for each another, and is committed to providing a happy, supportive, stimulating and challenging place to work. Account Directors will play a critical part in ensuring this vision is always maintained.
Upholding the LuminousPR values
As a senior member of the team, a Luminous PR Account Director must lead by example in adhering to the Luminous PR values.
We care: for ourselves, for our clients and for each other
We are curious: driven to keep learning, developing and challenging, with an inherent curiosity about the changing world in which we operate.
We shine: dedicated to setting shining examples, illuminating the way and being the best version of ourselves.