About the Team
Content Dev is a team of highly skilled journalists that operates outside of the regular editorial division at Future and at the forefront of content, technology and user experience. We’re tasked with managing and developing Future’s most exciting and high value content areas.
With an unapologetically commercial outlook and an ultimate goal of driving affiliate revenue for Future, we’re establishing Future’s core brands (e.g. TechRadar, Tom’s Guide, T3, What Hi-Fi? and more) in a range of verticals. As such, the Content Dev team is expected to demonstrate world class SEO and to develop tomorrow’s killer new content strategies.
We’re looking for a talented, driven writer with a genuine interest in tech to join the team and deliver fantastic, consumer-focussed content.
This is the kind of role that will appeal to somebody who loves finding shortcuts and hacks to make their online life easier. Are you the person whose friends and family come to for help with their streaming service woes, or when they just can’t work out how to install that antivirus program? Maybe you’re the go-to person for advice on which online security services are best - and why. Or perhaps you’re constantly telling your mates how getting a VPN will help them access loads more TV shows and films.
If that sounds like you, then you’ll thrive in our well-established team. Allowing you to flex your problem solving and writing muscles, it’s an exciting position with plenty of opportunity for development and progression.
Day-to-day, you’ll be producing brilliant advice, features, and how-to guides. You’ll definitely need to have a good head for tech, as you’ll be cutting through the jargon to help our readers get more from their software, with a special focus on VPNs, cybersecurity and streaming services.
That means a background knowledge of VPNs and cybersecurity would certainly be a good starting point, but we’re looking for somebody with a passion for all things tech and software - as well as an eagerness to learn quickly and develop into a leading expert in the subject matter over time.
On top of that, we want somebody who’ll become responsible for surfacing interesting stories and trends that might be of interest to our audience and for the VPN industry in general. More than just a writer, we’re looking for somebody that wants to dive into the data, smash the SEO and take our content to the next level.
- Creating advice and troubleshooting content for software services like VPNs,streaming services and other cybersecurity apps.
- Putting VPN services through their paces - which are fastest, most secure, easiest to use on iPhone, and best for streaming?
- Staying abreast of industry news, trends and developments
- Creating, editing, updating and improving core buying guides, reviews and advice content
- Responsibility for rankings and performance of key pages
- Reporting back on performance statistics from published articles
- Commissioning freelance writers and editing their work
- Liaising and harmonising with other teams in the business whether that be audience development, affiliates or content teams
- A genuine interest and user experience in tech and, preferably, the cybersecurity sector
- Some understanding of SEO best practises and the ability to quickly develop these skills
- Ability to translate tricky technological processes and terminology for a consumer audience
- Excellent work ethic
- Fantastic organisational skills and the capacity to spin multiple plates at once
- Able to interpret and use audience behavioural data to inform content strategy
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees (when we get back to the office)
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
Future is a global multi-platform media company and leading digital publisher, with scalable brands and diversified revenue streams. We are dedicated to connecting over 300 million people worldwide with their passions, through expert content, world-class events and cutting-edge proprietary technology. We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives.
We have a market-leading portfolio of over 220 brands spanning across technology, gaming, TV & entertainment, women’s lifestyle, music, sport, creative and photography, home interest and B2B. You may have heard of us…
But a stellar heritage isn’t enough. We continue to grow our portfolio and launch new brands, restlessly looking to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We develop leading-edge technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, Europe and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!
Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers.