About React News
Our mission is to drive real estate action via market-leading news, insightful analysis, and comprehensive content in every sector in real estate. React News delivers the best coverage in the UK, and continental Europe – day in, day out. Run by the UK’s most experienced journalists, with a proven track-record of breaking the biggest real estate stories in the market, React News is the only place to find crucial, business-sensitive information before the competition. Packed with breaking news, features, interviews and exclusive analysis, React News’ 2-4 daily email alerts deliver content you are not able to read anywhere else.
React News is Europe’s largest real estate subscription service. We have a focus on breaking the most important scoops for those working in the world’s biggest asset class.
We are looking for a newshound to cover the crucial debt market for us in the UK and across Europe, delivering stories day in, day out on the biggest financing stories in the market.
This will primarily involve digging out the details of the most eye-catching deals that are happening, unearthing lenders’ strategies, and breaking moves about industry figures jumping ship to join rivals. Breaking news will also be interspersed with writing fast-paced analysis to ensure that the industry is given a 360-degree perspective and to help solidify you as the dominant journalist on your patch.
Joining a growing editorial team, which is already 14-strong, this is an opportunity to work with an experienced group of journalists that work in a highly collegiate way to consistently be at the front of the pack, ahead of the competition.
The finance correspondent will be responsible for the following key job functions:
- Breaking exclusive stories on the real estate debt market in the UK and Europe
- Writing analysis pieces and interviews
- Establishing a contact base and regularly meeting senior industry figures
- Overseeing the publication of React’s morning bulletin once per week
- Attending industry conferences
Experience and skills required:
- A minimum of three years business journalism experience
- A proven track record in breaking news
- History of working a patch and contact base
- Debt/finance knowledge would be preferred
- Real estate knowledge/experience would be advantageous but is not a necessity
- Attending industry conferences
Benefits on offer
- Comprehensive benefits package including company provided medical, dental insurance and cash plan.
- Company provided life assurance, critical illness and income protection coverage.
- Personal pension plan with matched employer contributions.
- Company paid holidays and summer half day Fridays.
- Access to employee assistance programme and wellbeing resources.
- Tax free cycle scheme and IT equipment.
- Season ticket loan.
- Company sponsorship to further education.
Green Street promotes a variety of flexible work arrangements to help employees manage their personal and work commitments effectively.
Green Street provides preeminent and actionable commercial real estate research, news, data, analytics, and advisory services in the U.S. and Europe. For more than 35 years, Green Street has delivered unparalleled intelligence and trusted data on the public and private real estate markets, helping investors, banks, lenders, and other industry participants optimize investment and strategic decisions. The firm delivers exclusive market information, conclusion-driven insights, and predictive analytics through a SaaS platform.
Green Street’s Diversity Statement:
Unique and valuable insights are driven by diverse perspectives and an inclusive environment. We are the industry leader because we hire top talent regardless of background, identity, or viewpoint. We are committed to building a culture that celebrates differences, empowering us all to grow. Our reach is global and multicultural, and we believe Green Street should reflect that – Everyone is welcome.