Investor's Business Daily seeks a Markets Writer to produce articles and related content on stocks and other investments for an audience of mostly self-directed investors. Our goal is to help IBD customers make more money in the stock market through content that explains the market's mechanics and sound investing methods, analyzes the latest market action and provides timely news and analysis about the best stocks. The position is expected to be remote, although working at IBD's Los Angeles headquarters also can be an option.
About the Role/Position:
The ideal candidate will bring a strong understanding of stocks and financial markets, excellent writing skills and the ability to quickly produce sharp and well-optimized daily stories while juggling other assignments. The position offers the opportunity to further build investing expertise. You'll be able to participate in the success of your content through various incentives and to contribute ideas on creating new content that will help readers invest successfully.
- Accurately report and write engaging and well-sourced articles that benefit investors, leveraging IBD's proprietary stock market research and CAN SLIM investing method as appropriate. Training and information will be provided on using these resources. Content will appear on the Investors.com website, in IBD apps/premium products and in the IBD Weekly newspaper.
- Keep up to date on news and trends related to assigned coverage area, including the general market, IBD indexes and IBD stock performance lists.
- Use databases, stock charts and financial statements when appropriate to gather information for articles and related content, such as graphics to accompany stories. IBD stock research services are crucial tools to master and use daily to guide reporting.
- Develop strong SEO for your content. SEO includes web headlines, SEO page titles, URLs, meta descriptions and keywords, as well as hyperlinks inserted in the body of articles.
- Participate in social media to promote your IBD content, cultivate relationships with sources or others interested in the topics that you cover, and help develop IBD's web audience.
- May produce videos or participate in the production of videos such as by developing scripts or appearing in videos to discuss stock market news and trends.
- May write updates or other content for Leaderboard and other subscriber products, including suggesting ideas for stocks to add to Leaderboard.
- May assist supervisor in editing other writers' articles, writing headlines or performing other tasks.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university or relevant experience.
- Relevant journalism experience, or journalism training, such as through a degree program.
- Solid knowledge of the markets, stocks and investing, and a desire to learn more.
- Three years of related experience.
- Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and samples or links to 3 to 6 examples of written work.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: Investor's Business Daily
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 28969