Position Description: The Dow Jones People Team is looking to fill a key role in its recruitment function. We are looking for a Senior Recruiter who will identify, engage, and attract top level talent. Strategically collaborate with hiring managers and People Business Partners, you will help identify recruitment requirements and ensure the organization has a continuous pipeline of high performing talent flowing into and across the organization. Additionally, you will drive the development of the Dow Jones brand, internal/external recruiting relationships, and influence the end-to-end strategy. This role is an ultimate opportunity for someone with ambition and know-how to be integral in the design and deployment of a recruitment strategy, process, and metrics, at a dynamic company in a rapidly changing industry.
- Partner with senior management, people business partners and department heads on strategic recruiting initiatives that support the needs of the business unit.
- Participate in the creation and upholding of best practice recruiting policies, practices and systems which help attract high quality employees, support business priorities and promote competitive advantage.
- Partner with Head of Recruitment in ensuring and maintaining the integrity and quality of the recruitment efforts including candidate selection and interview process
- Support and train Recruiters, and Interns.
- Work with outside vendors (software and agency relationships) as appropriate
- Develop recruiting strategies, understand talent movement and demand in the market.
- Act as a consultative, recruitment subject matter expert by applying best practices for full recruitment lifecycle and strategic talent acquisition
- Lead full life cycle of recruiting, from planning, sourcing, interview selection and on boarding of new hires
- Source candidates via applicant tracking system, job boards, search engines, social networks
- Fulfill open requisitions with timely and cost effective methods in securing high quality talent.
- Know Dow Jones' business and our competitors. Establish yourself as the subject matter expert on the industry and talent.
- Participate in workforce planning for current and future talent needs. Anticipate future trends.
- Oversee the development and ongoing engagement of active and passive quality candidate talent pipeline, both internally and externally, to support immediate and long-term needs. Externally, this may include networking, engaging via social media, or organizing events. Internally, active participation in talent planning, and cultivation of employee referrals.
- Continuous improvement against core metrics, e.g. quality of hire, cost-per hires, employee referrals.
- Maintain records and files, ensuring recruiting practices are in compliance with Country/State guidelines and internal processes.
- Maintains solid industry awareness and market intelligence in terms of hiring trends, competitive intelligence as well as compensation trends and challenges
- Manage special projects related to recruiting by leveraging data and analytics to build strategy and measure success and continuous improvement
- Minimum 7 years of Talent Acquisition experience in a best-in-class organization.
- Experience designing and executing social media, and employment branding strategies.
- Experience with recruitment in sales and marketing
- Ability to articulate employment value proposition.
- Adept with using a variety of recruiting technologies to source talent.
- Innovative, demonstrated experience applying leading recruiting practices, keeping up with trends.
- Enthusiasm and energy to evolve a best-in-class global talent acquisition function.
- Change agent, comfortable with ambiguity, in a fast paced business environment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and consulting skills. Ability to interact with all levels.
- Analytical skills and ability to manage various metrics preferred.
- Understanding of social media to source and attract candidates
- Proactive communications and problem solving
- Proven organizational skills with ability to prioritize effectively and manage multiple tasks in an environment with competing demands
- Able to thrive in fast-paced environments, adapt quickly, and be highly flexible
- Experience with recruitment in media and or news
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PEOPLE
Job Category: Human Resources Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 29211