We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer for the Dow Jones Cloud Engineering team, a small group of engineers working on strategic projects across the full suite of Dow Jones products. You will be asked to partner with other cloud and application engineers to help maintain a deployment and management strategy in the Amazon cloud, and help in creating an automation framework around the software development lifecycle. Strong scripting and software development skills are necessary.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
About the Role:
Lead Cloud Engineers focus on building and ensuring delivery of solutions and services to business. They aim to improve processes to ensure reliable, and high-quality solutions. They champion scalability, security, and performance aspects of the system. They scale themselves by delegating; ensure tasks are completed as specified. They Identify and clear roadblocks for the team. You will report to the Engineering Manager in the Cloud Engineering team. They will be your mentor as you grow in the team.
- Use your software development skills to improve our automated platforms.
- Work on deployment strategies and automation for cloud native applications.
- Architect and build infrastructure as code using Python, and Terraform.
- Work with and help improve container delivery platforms, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Assist building tools and services from scratch to fill the existing technology gaps.
- Work with engineers in a global team and product teams.
- Participate in after-hours and emergency support of systems and services to maintain internal SLOs.
- 5 or more years development experience with Python, Ruby, Groovy, or NodeJS.
- Advanced experience working with Docker containers and Kubernetes.
- Advanced experience with CI/CD pipelines, and design patterns.
- Solid experience with core AWS services including VPC, ELB, IAM, KMS, EC2, Config, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Lambda, and others.
- Solid experience with testing frameworks such as unittest, mock, and cucumber/gherkin.
- Experience with AWS Security, Identity, and Compliance resources, and secure architecting.
- Eagerness to become an expert in the Cloud environment.
- Desire to be a mentor to other members of the team and company partners.
- Fluent in English.
- Comprehensive Healthcare Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plans
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- Education Benefits
- Family Care Benefits
- Commuter Transit Program
- Subscription Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - STS
Job Category: IT Development Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 28580