Barron's Photo Editor [Temporary/Contract]
Barron's is seeking an experienced photo editor to join its world-class visuals team.
Candidates should have excellent journalistic judgment, an eye for engaging photography and at least five years of experience in an editorial or newsroom role. They should be a gifted visual storyteller with the ability to produce different genres of photography. And they should be able to thrive in a fast-paced newsroom, juggling daily, weekly or quarterly deadlines.
Barron's is an industry leading investing publication, renowned for its market-moving stories. Its articles appear in a variety of formats, including in-depth investigations, quick news stories, columns and data visualizations that are published on its home page, in a weekly print magazine and a range of social media posts and visual formats. We are seeking someone who can think about how photography can stand out on all platforms. We also highly value teamwork, so a collaborative approach is required.
Interested parties should send a resume, cover letter and no more than three samples of their work to Bob Rose email@example.com; David Cho firstname.lastname@example.org; or Sarina Finkelstein email@example.com, or apply through the following link.
- 5+ years in an editorial department or newsroom role
- Excellent journalistic judgement and integrity
- Knowledge of news, business, finance
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced newsroom, juggling daily, weekly and quarterly deadlines
- A gifted visual storyteller with experience producing different genres of photography (with an emphasis on strong portraiture)
- Great image research and editing skills, with a refined eye for engaging photography
- Experience contracting and negotiating with both freelance photographers and photo agencies, handling invoices
- An existing network of artists with an ability to identify fresh and emerging talent
- Attention to detail in matching photos to tone of the article and also in assembling caption and credit information
- Occasionally assisting Penta, a quarterly magazine providing luxury lifestyle content
- Social media-savvy
- Proficiency with Photoshop required, ability to create photo illustrations a plus
- A self-starter, unafraid to ask questions
- A team player and great communicator
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: BG - OFFICE
Job Category: Contingent Workers
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 29175