This position is responsible for overseeing the testing of software features as part of a collaborative team. This role is responsible for leading quality review of various applications and includes creating test plans and strategy, test cases in partnership with developers, business analysts and project managers which are used to shape and verify code and check conformance to system requirements. The role relies upon test automation and manual testing tools. The person is to assist in defining QA coding standards and frameworks, and for identifying emerging technologies and evaluating their applicability to client's business goals.
As an experienced Test Lead you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects
- Provides senior level IT Test services. Provides direction and documents End-to-End test strategy.
- Manages End-to-End test plan.
- Designs development of End-to-End test cases with program implementation teams.
- Communicates with key stakeholders on End-to-End test issues and implications.
- Evaluates the impact of change requests on test strategy, test plan, and specific test cases.
- Effectively persuades and influences others on ideas and solutions to test issues.
- Writes and executes test cases with the support of program implementation teams.
- Drives automation
- Reviews client requirement and provides feedback
- Responsible for creating test plans and strategy
- Reviews and re-evaluates the test strategy to adjust for new information, changing risks, shifting priorities, and schedules
- Oversees testing of software features
- Oversees quality review of various applications
- Oversees projects to make sure work is scheduled based on priorities, risks and team strengths and assignment of resources across projects
- Oversees implementation and execution of functional, regression, and acceptance tests
- Assists in test environment setup/teardown, test automation, and exploratory testing
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of test data and test documentation
- Provides suitable solutions for issues/errors based on the understanding of the system and client business processes
- Leads/mentors Test Engineers and shares knowledge to make sure QA staff meets technical qualifications required for their positions
- Assists in coaching junior staff, by helping them to make decisions, solve problems, manage meetings and set goals, provides feedback on testing-related tasks, delegates and assigns testing responsibilities
- Works with clients in evaluating and implementing new technologies and offer strategies for new opportunities
- Assists in formulating QA standards and best practices, organizational policies and processes and strategic plans
- Assists management in setting the direction for quality assurance within the organization Assists in recruiting new staff, conducting interviews and evaluate potential candidates
The News Corp IT team delivers large scale software applications and integrated systems and assists its clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. The practice aims at developing SaaS architecture and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems. It would focus on key client issues that impact the core business by delivering operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, Information technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience with End-to-End test planning and execution
- Familiarity with AWS Lambda, AWS Transfer Family and AWS Messaging Services
- Experience in testing various applications, services and user interfaces
- Experience in test automation and creating repeatable, maintainable, automated test suites
- Experience managing a team of QA Engineers
- Experience in communicating with clients
- Understanding of test driven development
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and best practices
- Understanding of Agile and Waterfall processes
- Understanding of user interface design
- Strong knowledge of software quality assurance best practices & methodologies
- Familiarity with various defect management systems
- Ability to communicate technical aspects to people with non-IT background
- Ability to act as a liaison between QA and development teams
- Ability to ensure that solutions developed by technical teams fit the business needs
- Ability to offer alternative approaches to achieve the client goals
- Ability to analyze complex situations and manage all variables to achieve optimal solutions
- Ability to act on the information provided or get information needed so that decisions for project implementations can be made quickly and effectively
- Ability to motivate teams
- Ability to define and prioritize short-term and long-term objectives for the teams and make necessary corrections under changing circumstances
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NCT - Architecture
Job Category: IT Administration/Support Group
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 38 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 28793