The Wall Street Journal is looking for a versatile and hard-working production assistant in New York to support its senior personal tech columnist.
This is an opportunity to work on exciting, creative and ambitious video projects.
You will be responsible for coordinating the logistics of video shoots, providing administrative support and assisting with research for videos, articles and interviews. You are highly organized, a clear communicator and have a background in administrative and/or production work. Big plus if you're a little bit obsessed with tech and keep up with the latest products and news!
- Provide administrative support, including processing expense reports, planning meetings and travel, managing calendars and inboxes, ordering supplies, shipping back products and equipment and other related business matters.
- Assist with pre-production, including preparing research materials and budgets, booking and researching locations and guests, ordering props and running errands.
- Assist with production, working with directors to unpack and set up equipment, manage camera media and more.
- Assist with post-production, including organizing interview transcripts and gathering other assets.
- Schedule and arrange meetings and conference calls with internal and external contacts.
- Complete additional responsibilities as assigned.
- At least 1 to 2 years of experience working in production or in an administrative capacity, ideally in a news or media organization.
- Exceptional communication, organizational, multi-tasking, collaboration and emailing skills.
- Strong technical grasp of Google suite and other popular communication, project management and administrative applications. You will set yourself apart if you're comfortable in Adobe Premiere or Photoshop.
- Preference given to those interested in one or more of the following: technology journalism, video shooting and audio + video editing.
- Strong research and writing skills with an eagerness to learn about journalism.
- A professional demeanor and calm composure in deadline-driven or stressful situations. We're looking for someone with a positive, problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to work late hours and the occasional weekend on short notice.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter clearly outlining how your skills and experience meet or exceed the key candidate requirements.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 29006