The Wall Street Journal is looking for a creative, ambitious reporting assistant to work with its senior personal tech columnist on newsletters, columns, videos and podcasts.
We cover technology from the perspective of the user, and we do it with attitude, voice and humor.
You are a strong writer with a passion for technology journalism and the ability to juggle reporting, researching and more. You have a lively sense of humor and ability to translate it to the page. In this job, you will have opportunities to report, write and pitch story ideas.
This is an entry-level position that would be suitable for applicants with one to two years of experience in relevant technology editorial or recent journalism graduates with relevant internships and experience.
- Research tech products, trends and issues and assist with writing elements of regular newsletter.
- Conceptualize art and photo ideas to complement newsletter and columns.
- Input and format written and visual components in our newsletter publishing tool.
- Keep track of technology questions sent in by readers and research answers.
- Brainstorm and write social-media posts.
- Strong writing and organizational skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience researching, reporting and writing for a news publication.
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for all things technology news-product launches, emerging trends, tips and tricks and more.
- Good emailing skills. This is a job that requires a lot of emailing!
- A high level of comfort in Adobe Photoshop and experience working on social-media strategy, skills that will set you apart.
To apply, please submit your résumé and cover letter clearly outlining how your skills and experience meet or exceed the key candidate requirements.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 28821