The Part-time Production Assistant performs a vital role in timely & efficient newspaper production & distribution of company publications - The Wall Street Journal & Barron's.
- Set-up, operation and light maintenance of state of the art programmable equipment in the pre-press & packaging areas
- Preparation of product delivery documentation and facilitation of organized bundled newspapers to delivery trucks.
- Assistance with the press make-ready & clean-up and reel room newsprint preparation.
- This position requires standing, lifting, bending and modest physical exertion throughout the shift within a safety conscious culture.
- A proactive team effort contributing to the Production department's overall mission is required as is support of company policies, programs and objectives to include, but not limited to, affirmative action, safety, environmental issues and facility work rules. On time attendance is critical to the day to day planning and success of the operation.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School graduate, mechanical aptitude and good computer skills (Google & Microsoft Office applications)
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PRINT & ENT SVCS - PRINT SERVICES
Job Category: Production Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 26419