The Wall Street Journal is seeking a senior video journalist to produce clear and compelling explainer videos as part of its New York City-based video team. Senior video journalists on this team are responsible for producing informative and insightful videos ranging in length from two to seven minutes. Top candidates for this position will have a professional background in journalism and deep experience reporting, conceptualizing and executing motion graphics, shooting live and stop-motion video, as well as demonstrating shooting and editing skills. Top candidates will have a track record of creating highly-visual, in-depth videos that make sense of complicated topics, trends, issues and developments, with a specific focus on The Journal's core coverage areas. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate exceptional technical skill, high creativity and a dogged devotion to getting the job done under tight deadline constraints.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Identifying and producing timely video pieces that clearly communicate complicated topics, trends and developments, sometimes in partnership with reporters and editors across the newsroom
- Pitching, developing, researching and writing stories
- Producing and shooting interviews in studio, along with executing creative shoots with props and other objects
- Editing videos utilizing video, stills and motion graphics
- Managing multiple projects in various stages of production
- Ensuring that all journalistic and legal standards are followed at all times
- Ability to work late hours and weekends both as part of a regular weekend rotation and as news developments may warrant
- Completing additional duties as assigned
Key candidate requirements:
- At least five years' experience producing informational videos, preferably in a daily news environment at a top-tier news organization
- Ability to convey news and tell stories in creative ways using high-quality video, graphics and props
- Deep understanding of, and interest in, The Wall Street Journal's core topic areas
- Demonstrated experience with multiple camera setups, including but not limited to the Sony FS5, FS7, C100 and C300
- Adept with studio lighting setups
- Professional-level understanding of Adobe Suite, with a high level of expertise in Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Clear communicator with exceptional written and collaboration skills
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter clearly outlining how their skills and experience meet or exceed the key candidate requirements, along with links to five videos that represent the type of work described.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 28061