Job Description:About the Role
Dow Jones Risk & Compliance provides third-party risk management and regulatory compliance solutions. We provide research tools and services for onboarding, vetting and investigation to help companies comply with anti-money laundering, anti-corruption and economic sanctions regulations in mitigating third-party risk.
The role of the Research Editor is to record and update details relating to individuals and entities listed on Sanctions & Other Official Lists ("Special Lists") issued by government bodies and regulators around the world, for example, the Office of Foreign Assets Control in the US, national law enforcement bodies or securities regulators. You will report to the Manager, Sanctions & Other Official Lists.
- Locate, record and quality check information on individuals and entities cited on Special Lists as part of the Special Lists program, in line with the Manager's requirements and the group's market-driven targets.
- Carry out systematic and exhaustive searches on Dow Jones Factiva products and publicly available sources to gather all available information on blacklisted individuals and entities.
- As far as possible and following established procedures, check the accuracy of information before entering it on the database.
- Enter information onto the database using the editorial application system.
- Apply classification tags that enable extraction of relational groups.
- Proofread and check own and other people's entries as part of the daily research requirement.
- Operate tracking systems to capture Special List changes.
- Fluency in Russian, Burmese, Arabic, Chinese or Hebrew
- Understanding of the workings of the global Sanctions landscape is an advantage.
- Education to degree level.
- Knowledge of and interest in political and international affairs.
- Excellent research and editorial skills.
- Are a reliable and responsible team member, open to different views and opinions and appreciate team diversity.
- Willing to work outside a traditional office environment (only applicable in the current covid scenario)
- Excellent proofreading skills and the ability to handle large volumes of information.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including Pivot tables, Macros/VBA programming is an advantage.
- Ability to apply automation skills such as basic Python, HTML and/or SQL to manage solutions and data efficiently is an advantage.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - DATA STRATEGY
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 28981