Job Description:About the Team & Role:
The Professional Information Business at Dow Jones plays a critical role in the delivery of key B2B products in order to be the power behind global businesses. Our Professional Information Business (PIB) Sales team is looking for an experienced, self-sufficient New Business Sales Executive to join the growing Middle Markets Sales team. The territory will cover the UK and Ireland. As New Business Sales Executive (NBSE), you are responsible for driving new business of Dow Jones products through prospecting, cold-calling and client-calls. You will be responsible for driving new business sales of Dow Jones products and have the entire portfolio of both Risk & Compliance and Data, News & Analytics (DNA) solutions to focus on. You will report to the Regional Sales Director.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Meet a set new business sales target - Generate new streams of revenue through sales of products and services to 'new to company' customers in order to achieve a predetermined sales target.
- Complete market analysis to identify good potential 'new to company' target organizations, including specific buying centres and individual roles to focus on.
- Pro-actively qualify genuine opportunities and look to progress these onto the next stage of the sales process, or quickly move on in cases where no worthwhile opportunity exists
- Understand the business and regulatory issues affecting targeted industry sectors and ensure this knowledge is the foundation for your conversations with prospects
- Be able to clearly express the value proposition and benefits of Dow Jones' products and solutions, and use this knowledge to ensure that solutions address clear business needs for the prospect
- Manage your Sales Forecast and Pipeline to ensure accurate recording of prospecting activity, conversion success, active sales opportunities at each stage of the sales process and forthcoming new business revenue
- Keep accurate and clear records within the global CRM system to provide a solid deal history, showing clearly the steps taken to reach closure on new business deals
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a new business development role that requires cold calling in to- UK & Ireland companies outside FTSE 350.
- Good communication skills (listening, questioning, written and verbal
- Business awareness to help build credibility with the prospect, spot potential opportunities within a peer group or industry sector, and express the benefits of Dow Jones in the appropriate business context
- Negotiation and closing skills to ensure sales opportunities are managed to a successful conclusion
- Demonstrated experience in meeting weekly/monthly KPIs
Experience selling subscription based products (business information and research) is a plus
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- Retirement Plans
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Referral Program
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - SALES
Job Category: Sales Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 25913