Dow Jones, a leader in the global media industry, seeks an HR Advisor, People Advisor to work as a partner to our global business units. The HR Advisor is an agile thinker who embodies the spirit of our culture by using and supporting our core values; Trust, Service, Integrity, and Excellence.
The People team is uniquely positioned as a partner to our employees and businesses to co-create and develop relationships strategically focused on both people and business goals. HR Advisors support the evolving needs of the business by supporting People Advisors, and helping to coordinate programs for our employees.
Reporting to the Director, People Advisors, the HR Advisor, People Advisor will support the administrative and logistical needs of a busy, fast paced People function, support implementation of best practices and cultivating strong professional relationships and partnerships, leveraging the strengths of Dow Jones' People Centers of Experts to ensure full service support to the business units. In addition, the HR Advisor will support the work and program efforts of People Business Advisors within their business units.
- Provide support on regional projects to improve the DJ People experience and help identify and drive best practices.
- Work with our Centers of Experts to support annual People management processes and ensure any manual processes are mapped and have a clear owner.
- Provide front line support to employees and managers covering all aspects of the employee life cycle.
- Assist People Business Advisors, where appropriate, with the management of probationary periods, absence management such as maternity/paternity leaves, sick leaves, voluntary leaves and off-boarding.
- Work with HR Centers of Experts to maintain HR Information sites - identifying information gaps - while continuing to manage HR workflows.
- Support onboard of new joiners including document collection and data input, and HR inductions.
- Conduct exit interviews and provide feedback to Business Advisors
- Attend monthly union committee meetings and partner with Business Advisors to ensure compliance with the contract.
- 1-2 years of experience in an administrative and/or confidential HR role
- Approachable, confident and credible style of engagement
- Excellent attention to details
- Problem solver and agile learner
- Tech skills including G-Suite and Workday
- Comfortable working with HR information and data collection and reporting requirements.
- Proactive team player, flexible, and be able to work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Comfortable working in a union environment
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- HR and/or industry certifications preferred.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PEOPLE
Job Category: Contingent Workers
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 28281