Speaker Coordinator - Wealth & Asset Management
Barron's Wealth & Asset Management Group hosts a series of national, regional, and international invitation-only summits to recognize the achievements of the most successful and influential financial advisors in the wealth management industry. The summits are an excellent opportunity for elite financial advisors from across the industry to meet and discuss the latest innovations in the wealth services field, developments in the global economy, and strategies for personal and professional growth.
The role of Speaker Coordinator responsible for developing content and selecting speakers for the Barron's Advisor Summits. In order to create innovative and timely agendas across global and domestic markets, the ideal candidate will need to understand critical trends in the wealth and asset management industries, and be able to creatively form panels of speakers to address these trends.
- Manage speaker communications from official confirmation to post-event: including speaker preparations, scheduling prep calls, onsite speaker deliverables and guidelines.
- Development and maintenance of all data for conference speakers and submissions, including tracking all feedback, relevant speaker deliverables, and topics of expertise
- Update and maintain the accuracy of conference content in internal databases, websites, and printed materials
- Assist in agenda creation for all conferences from inception through implementation
- Write descriptions for the various sessions and panels
- Manage the Continuing Education Credit application process
- Build and maintain a speaker pipeline of financial advisors and key executives in the wealth and asset management industries
- Assist with on-site program management, including speaker audio-visual needs, run of show, managing VIP speakers, maintaining emcee scripts
- Work closely with other members of the content team, in addition to marketing and event functions on event schedules, timelines, and agenda announcements.
- Work in various systems to manage projects, including Google Drive, FileMaker, Cvent
- Highly organized, with excellent attention to detail to effectively manage ambiguity and change
- Strong communication and follow-up skills, with an emphasis on a friendly and professional manner to provide an exceptional client experience
- Ability to work on multiple, complex conference agendas - globally, nationally, and regionally - simultaneously, calmly, and inclusively.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others on team
- Ability to implement and execute conference planning
- Excellent writer to create practical, engaging, and enduring content descriptions and copy for promotional use
- Ability to Travel to events and meetings
- Bachelor's Degree & ideally 1-2 years of professional experience
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: BG - BARRON'S
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 28360