We are seeking a Human Resources Coordinator. This role will report directly to an HR Director, and will be based out of our New York City headquarters.
- Provide front-line of HR support to employees and managers and provide administrative and operational support to HR Director
- Act as point of contact and liaison across HR specialty functions (compensation, recruitment, learning & development, global mobility, and legal)
- Conduct new-hire orientations, HR informational trainings, and Exit Interviews
- Analyze data, surfaces issues, and trends related to client groups/sites to HR Director
- Counsel employees and provide support to managers concerning work related problems. Work closely with HR Director on sensitive ER matters.
- Fosters and supports a positive, employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance and employee engagement. Working alongside the leadership team to create and facilitate initiatives that drive culture
- Organize and deploy change management programs for HR Director
- Other projects, duties and responsibilities as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications or related field
- Around 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in HR; PHR qualification a plus
- Ability to remain focused and confident in a fast-paced environment, when faced with ambiguous and delicate situations
- Strong knowledge of HR practices and policies, industry trends and applicable state and federal laws
- Well-developed decision making, prioritization and problem solving skills
- Ability to exercise a high degree of professionalism and handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Strong initiative to work independently, be self-motivated and work to meet deadlines
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Expert in G Suite; knowledge of Workday a plus
- Knowledge of a union environment a plus
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PEOPLE
Job Category: Contingent Workers
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 23738