Dow Jones is looking for a Data Integrity Analyst to join our Market Data team responsible for powering market data across WSJ, Barron's Group, Investor's Business Daily and our B2B business. As a Data Integrity Analyst, you will ensure the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of market data received from financial market exchanges and other data vendors that is subsequently processed and enriched by Dow Jones and then published to our customers. You will collaborate with a talented team of colleagues in our editorial, product, technology and customer service teams on research related to financial market data in addition to supporting product testing and roll-outs. You will report to the Market Data Manager.
- Ensure data from third-party vendor feeds is timely, complete and accurate
- Identify suspect data; investigate and use data integrity tools to correct confirmed erroneous data points
- Compile data from multiple sources and ensure it is fit for publication in digital and print formats, including the print edition of The Wall Street Journal
- Research trends in financial markets and share your findings with reporters and editors with the potential to be published in articles
- Provide second-level support for Dow Jones Customer Service to resolve escalated user inquiries
- Perform testing of new or enhanced system and product functionality
- Support training of future members of staff
- Contribute to both team- and product-initiated projects
- Research and editorial skills
- Proficiency in data gathering, analysis and problem-solving
- General interest and understanding of how global financial markets function
- An openness to different views and opinions as well as an appreciation for team diversity
- Automation skills utilizing SQL or VBA, which are not required but provide an advantage
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - DATA STRATEGY
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 27903