Drapers is the UK’s market leading B2B publication for the fashion industry, with unparalleled authority. We are driven by our exclusive news reporting and in-depth analysis of what the latest developments mean for the industry. We are seeking a reporter to join our busy news desk. The post holder will have experience of daily business reporting, including generating exclusive news stories through an ever-growing network of industry contacts. You will have strong news judgement and the ability to work accurately at speed. You will also feel comfortable delving through company financials and interviewing CEOs. As well as writing exclusive new stories, you will have the opportunity to contribute ideas to the wider Drapers brand, write features and comment pieces, and add to Drapers' social media output.
- Breaking exclusive news stories ahead of our competitors, ensuring they are well researched and written, follow the Drapers house style and are legally sound.
- Following up important breaking news stories quickly, with an analysis of what it means for the Drapers audience.
- Building wide knowledge of the fashion retail industry and key contacts.
- Pitching and writing longer-term, in-depth investigations.
- Making sure news is shared on social media channels.
- Together with the news editor and head of digital engagement, using analytics to monitor and react to the most popular stories.
- Coming up with interesting and innovative ways to present news content, eg through data visualisations online.
- Contributing creative ideas to the wider Drapers brand, including writing features and comment pieces.
- Contributing, when required, to the success of events and awards, including suggesting speakers and judges, and covering conference sessions.
Skills and experience:
- NCTJ qualification, or equivalent journalism training or experience.
- Relevant news reporting experience, preferably for a B2B title or newspaper.
- Evidence of breaking exclusive off-diary news stories.