The Professional Information Business (PIB) at Dow Jones plays a critical role in the delivery of key B2B products in order to be the power behind global businesses. We are a truly global business with a significant proportion of our customer base coming from outside the US. We provide information, data and analytics to help support and drive our customers key business decisions, and protect their organizations from risk. The PIB business is broken into three customer focused verticals to solve for user solutions: Knowledge & Insight, News Alerts & Data, and Risk & Compliance.
These business units are continually looking to develop innovative new products that will further serve our customer needs.
The Product Analyst role is to own the success and quality of products within the RiskCenter Third Party portfolio. It requires strong collaboration skills to work across the business to ensure that existing products are fully understood and represented professionally and any improvements to existing products and new products are driven by customer demand.
This is a hands-on position that requires strategic vision, excellent communication skills, and talent for managing all the elements in bringing successful products and services to market. The ideal candidate will have a strong appreciation of the technical delivery and proven experience of managing a product portfolio with an enthusiasm and passion for all things digital.
- Document the business requirements for new products or enhancements and work with the Product Manager, Technology and Design teams to ensure the design, scope and delivery timescales are in line with expectations.
- Maintain and develop existing requirement documents, as products are enhanced and change in line with the roadmap.
- Work with the Client Delivery team and Sales to understand the changing customer landscape and how that should influence the development of our product roadmap, including feedback review.
- Attend customer calls as required, to ensure that the product remains fit for purpose and develops in line with the roadmap and customer feedback.
- Work with the Product Manager to develop pricing proposals for each of the products/bundles within your portfolio and ensure that you work with the Commercial Policy and Pricing team to validate.
- Develop an excellent understanding of competitor products and services to provide clear direction to the business on where this presents risks or opportunities.
- Work in partnership to identify the capital expenditure requirements for product development and produce a business case to gain approval.
- Work with the Product Manager to develop the RCTP product portfolio in line with the vision and goals of the organization and customer demand.
- Work with the Product Manager to pull together a single version of the end product roadmap, which can be used to communicate to key stakeholders.
- Serve as the product and services expert, providing the business with the documentation, tools and training necessary to increase sales and customer satisfaction/retention.
- Work with the Product Manager to maintain the backlog of product requirements, including bug fixes, ensuring the business is updated on plans and any changes to the original scope.
- Where products are delivered through 3rd parties, work with the Product Manager or Partners to ensure they are clear on requirements and sign off on any scoping documentation, development costs and ongoing support costs.
- Work with the Product Manager to define and deliver the go-to-market strategy for new products and services or enhancements, ensuring engagement from all key areas across the business.
- Evaluate the technology solutions available from 3rd parties that will allow us to meet a customer request with a stronger combined offering.
- Play a key role, supporting the Change Manager with consumption/testing of products within your portfolio, engaging all relevant groups across the business to complete and sign off testing prior to Technology hand-over to the business.
- Carry out a post implementation review of all products, ensuring the value of new functionality and content is assessed and the overall product ROI is measured.
- Monitor the usage of all products within your portfolio and identify and deliver strategies to drive engagement and usage.
- Monitor performance of all products and raise any issues or concerns with Technology to initiate remedial action.
- Support the Change Manager in ensuring customer issues and platform bugs are resolved through the management of internal support systems.
- Manage and maintain roadmap project plans.
- Knowledge of RiskCenter Third Party product suite or similar
- Ability to clearly define goals/milestones, with a strong track record of delivery
- Consistently demonstrates sound commercial judgment
- Strong decision making skills with the ability to work through a level of uncertainty
- Experience of positively influencing and implementing change
- Excellent communication, influencing, and collaboration skills
- Strong interpersonal skills - the role will demand interaction with multiple teams
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment while accomplishing individual projects
- Experience with project management tools and presentation software highly desired
- College degree strongly preferred
- Language skills preferable but not essential
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PRINT & ENT SVCS - PRINT SERVICES
Job Category: Strategy Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 29187