Barron's Group is seeking a highly creative video journalist to join its video team in NY to create content for multiple Dow Jones publications including MarketWatch and Barron's. The video journalist is responsible for producing, shooting and editing highly engaging and informative topical and evergreen business and finance-focused videos, ranging in length from two to five minutes. Top candidates for this position will have a professional background in video journalism, demonstrate exceptional shooting and editing skills, have experience creating graphics, managing studio and field shoots and taking a project from concept to delivery.
The video journalist will research, develop, pitch and report stories as well as produce, shoot and edit videos. They will work both independently, seeing videos from concept to delivery,
as well as shoot and/or edit in collaboration with an assigned producer. They will also work collaboratively with Barron's Group reporters and editors across a variety of subject areas.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Ideate stories and see through to completion, project managing all aspects of the production
- Ability to script and develop a story
- Produce, shoot and edit documentary style and in-studio videos
- Pitch, research, develop and report story ideas for business and finance videos
- Find compelling characters and narratives
- Light in-studio and field interviews
- 5+ years experience producing, shooting and editing video
- Demonstrated experience producing compelling documentary and character driven videos
- Ability to find compelling characters and storylines
- Ability to produce, shoot and edit both documentary on location videos and in-studio interviews
- Skilled with multiple camera setups, including but not limited to the Sony FS7, A7S
- Adept with studio lighting setups
- Professional competency editing with Adobe Premiere and creating professional graphics utilizing After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Interest and understanding of business news and finance topics
- An interest in creating new video series and templates is a plus
- Self starter who is nimble, innovative and versatile
- Clear communication, written and collaboration skills
Applications should include a resume, cover letter and clips / reel.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: BG - OFFICE
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 29385