We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
BioPharma-Reporter is the leading online source of news and analysis for the biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing industry. Providing biopharma professionals news focussed on clinical trials, commercial development and manufacture of large molecule drugs, vaccines, live biotherapeutics and advanced therapeutics.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Editor to join our BioPharma – Reporter brand within our Global Brands division.
The Editor will have overall responsibility for driving the editorial development of BioPharma-Reporter (BPR) and associated brand extensions by:
- Championing a clear and differentiated editorial road-map for the title, driven by core primary readership
- Delivering high quality editorial content in multi-media and written formats
- Suggesting new brand development opportunities and implementing where required
- Maintaining and strengthening brands' editorial authority and visibility in their markets and engaging actively with primary audience and influential industry stakeholders
- Collaborating with Outsourcing-Pharma (OSP) Editor to ensure a complimentary approach to roadmaps, content direction and travel schedules in addition to any pharma-wide brand initiatives
- Collaborating with sales, marketing, and event managers within a framework of editorial integrity
- Collaborating with other divisions across William Reed Business Media to exploit areas of potential opportunity or synergy within our pharma business, such as NutraIngredients.
The Editor will be responsible for:
- Research and deliver compelling daily content
- Edit website copy
- Develop content and innovation ideas for BPR
- Actively use social media for lead sourcing, content sharing and contact building
- Maintain record of industry contacts and sources
- Monitor growth and user engagement of core readership and subscriber-base through Google Analytics in regular consultation with Digital Marketing
- Coordinate and collaborate on future Pharma content strategies in close alignment with OSP Editor and divisional management
- Organise topics / briefs / speakers for potential brand extensions (special editions, online webinars / F2F events, awards etc.)
- Moderate at William Reed online webinars / F2F events in the Pharma sector
- Keep an eye on Pharma competition to pick up on possible areas of threat or opportunity
- Keep an eye on industry segments and areas of potential opportunity particularly areas with F2F potential
- Be 'face of the brand' for BPR across their various communities
- Attend key Pharma industry trade events and conferences in Europe and occasionally beyond
- Seize any valuable editorial opportunities to raise profile and recognition levels (speaker opportunities, panel moderations etc.)
- Actively engage and develop relationship with key industry figures
- Coordinate joint business visits with sales teams where appropriate to demonstrate brand unity and clearly define editorial standards
MANAGEMENT AND INTERNAL COLLABORATION
- Maintain weekly dialogue with global editorial counterparts in the US (OSP Editor) to ensure BPR focus complements and differentiates appropriately
- Contribute to any other projects of potential benefit to the Pharma division in collaboration with other departments
The ideal candidate will;
- Be trained business / multimedia journalist with substantial experience in B2B
- Have Pharmaceutical industry experience (this is essential)
- Be comfortable with digital media and content strategies
- Ideally have a portfolio of pharmaceutical industry contacts
- Have strong business sense with excellent networking and interpersonal skills
- Be equally comfortable delivering written or multi-media content
- Be a confident public speaker / moderator
- Have good diplomacy skills
- Have solid knowledge of social media channels
- Be highly collaborative
- Be imaginative and have a strong sense of initiative
- Be well organised and have a strong ability to prioritise effectively
- Be a good internal and external negotiator
Why work for us
William Reed has been providing market leading business information for over 150 years. From our origins in grocery, we have expanded across food and drink and into new sectors, including pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
Company Benefits Include
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Opportunity to participate in the Company’s Agile Working Policy
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the position, please click 'Apply now' to send:
- Your up-to-date CV
- A one-page cover letter telling us why your experience and skills are a match for this role
We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing Date: 18th January 2022