We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Content Editor to join our Global Brands team.
Our brands, including www.foodnavigator.com and www.nutraingredients.com are the leading online news source for our markets and offer a 360-degree view of the food, nutrition, pharmaceutical and cosmetics sectors globally.
Delivering daily news and analysis, online and face to face events, podcasts and videos covering the issues and stories impacting decision makers in these fast-moving sectors. Our role is to bring together our communities and deliver them the most up to date insight to help inform and facilitate business decisions.
The Commercial Content Editor is responsible for delivering paid content, from pitches through to production and promotion. In addition to managing our freelance content marketing activity across all digital products.
Extensive collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, including commercial teams, editors, global customers, and central online event/digital marketing/ad operations teams.
For commercial webinars, the process involves engaging with clients to define and scope the topic, hosting/moderating the webinar to camera in addition to liaising with the commercial and marketing teams across continents.
For surveys, features, and whitepapers you will be involved with client briefing, report writing, editing and delivery alongside the central delivery departments.
You will be required to manage multiple projects, working across multiple brands and deadlines.
- Working proactively with the commercial team to create opportunities that generate content, audience and revenue opportunities.
- Cultivating editorial relationships with other editors, and working within our editorial guidelines to maintain a healthy balance of commercial content
- Developing relationships with existing and new clients across our global markets, supporting and growing revenue streams across a variety of products
- Managing production schedules, liaising with authors on a day-to-day basis
- Managing a commissioning budget for paying contributors and content partners
- Writing and commissioning stories, pictures and video and managing these digital assets
- Maintaining and updating the relevant editorial calendars and contributing to promotional/sales materials for the commercial team
The Commercial Content Editor will be someone with strong editorial skills and commercial experience working directly with global advertising clients. You will be self-motivated, and no stranger to delegating, motivating, and coordinating work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Substantial experience in writing and commissioning journalistic content.
- Experience in working with native/client-funded content.
- Good knowledge of SEO, social media, multimedia
- Extensive digital experience required, including knowledge of CMS, basic HTML, Photoshop and social media is preferred.
- Experience working as part of a news/journalism organisation.
- Excellent management skills.
- Ability to commission on vision, on budget and on deadline.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be entrepreneurial, a problem-solver, detailed reader/line editor and creative thinker.
Why work for us
William Reed has been providing market leading business information for over 150 years. From our origins in grocery, we have expanded across food and drink and into new sectors, including pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
Company Benefits Include
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Opportunity to participate in the Company’s Agile Working Policy
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the position, please click 'Apply now' and include:
- Your up-to-date CV
- A one-page cover letter telling us why your experience and skills are a match for this role
We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing Date: 18th January 2022