We have an exciting opportunity for a Social Media Manager to join our news team within DC Thomson, working across The Press & Journal and Evening Express. The role would be based in Aberdeen.
The Social Media Manager will ensure the stories we tell reach the most relevant audiences in the most engaging ways possible.
You'll work across the newsroom with all departments, creating new concepts to promote our award-winning journalism. Working with journalists, video producers and our audience team, you'll play a key role in bringing the words we write to life through social media.
Key Responsibilities of this role are:
- Editing and maintaining the Press & Journal and Evening Express’ main social media feeds to a high standard.
- Attending meetings to develop ideas and content plans with other desks.
- Monitoring profiles and maintaining an open conversation with our audiences to increase engagement and loyalty, as well as responding to user messages/complaints in a visible and transparent manner.
- Creating written, video and graphic content for distribution on our social media channels.
- Monitoring and researching social media trends and emerging platforms and tools.
- Training colleagues in the effective use of social media, working closely with journalists and desks to help develop ideas and implement strategies.
- Covering live events and breaking news on social media.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Experience working in a social media role, preferably in a busy regional or national newsroom.
- Thorough understanding of Scots Law for journalists and IPSO regulations.
- Ability to work well under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of social media and ability to think outside the box.
- Relevant degree or other qualification preferred but not essential.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Aberdeen office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com
For further information, please visit: www.dcthomson.co.uk/vacancies
Closing date for applications is 7th January 2022.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.