Content Writer – Professional Beauty
We are looking for an experienced Content Writer to join our successful B2B Beauty portfolio which includes the market leading monthly magazine Professional Beauty (PB) with the largest online audience in the sector via professionalbeauty.co.uk and our associated social channels. These brands sit in a portfolio that also includes exhibitions and awards, including Professional Beauty London and the World Spa and Wellness Awards.
The successful applicant will be writing content for all channels across online and print in order to attract, engage and grow the audience and help our commercial partners achieve their objectives; in addition to working with other departments (sales, marketing, events) to deliver on our strategic and commercial goals. The role requires a proactive, team player who wants to immerse themselves in this exciting, fast-moving market.
The successful applicant will need to build strong relationships with industry, attend events and ensure the independent, credible ethos of our editorial content is maintained.
Applicants should send a CV, cover letter, and samples or links to at least 3 examples of written work
This is a full-time position, based in our offices in Wimbledon, SW London
- Content – deliver content to ensure we are meeting the needs of the market across all platforms and growing our audiences
- Editorial integrity – ensure our print and digital offering retains the independent, authoritative and credible content it is known for, and collaborate with the team to constantly challenge and improve
- Commerciality – understand the needs of, and work with our commercial partners to enable them to meet their business objectives
- Market integration – build relationships and gain the confidence of key contacts across the sector to ensure PB gets exclusive content and is first to market
- Work with the wider editorial, sales and marketing team to offer solutions to meet the needs of our key accounts
- Events – work with the team to secure relevant participants and deliver compelling content that grows the participation in, and audiences at, our face-to-face awards and events (Live Stages, Conferences etc)
- Presenting and hosting – confident chairing panels and interviewing speakers, both at live events and for online webinars and social media videos
- Excellent English language knowledge, both usage and grammar
- An ability to write and adapt content for multi-media use with a good knowledge of SEO and social engagement techniques
- Produce clean, concise and accurate content including both long- and short-form features and news
- News sense – the eye to spot a good exclusive and the confidence and tenacity to make sure you are the first to cover it
- Organisational skills are essential with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Strong social skills and ability to build relationships
- Industry knowledge is preferable but not a pre-requisite
- Flexibility to attend numerous industry events, including some evenings and weekends
Benefits Package -
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing after 2 years)
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Option to join company private health scheme after one year
The hours are 9am - 5.30pm.