TTG Media is seeking a News Reporter to join a fast moving, fearless independent media business with an award-winning reputation in the travel industry, and throughout B2B media.
Reporting into the News Editor, the individual will be joining a dynamic news team which has led the way in trade media reporting of the Covid crisis and travel over the past two years, helping the business to the PPA’s Special Recognition Award in 2021.
Since forming to take over the Travel Trade Gazette in 2013, TTG Media has gone from strength to strength, growing across online, print and with outstanding events including the Travel Industry Awards by TTG, the TTG Top 50 Travel Agencies programme and the TTG Diversity & Inclusion in Travel conference.
Since 2020, TTG has also taken a leading role in online events in travel and tourism, running more than 80 events via our online platform InEvent, and launched a new paid-for membership programme, TTG+, offering unique benefits to its members.
In 2019 TTG Media evolved to take on a whole new purpose and reason for being, launching a new mission to promote a ‘Smarter, Better, Fairer’ travel industry and a new look to the business, leading TTG to be named Campaign magazine’s Business Media Brand of the Year in 2020, and the PPA’s Independent Publishing Company of the Year in 2019.
In what we believe to be the most stimulating business sector in the UK today – and among a mutually supportive, driven and diverse team – this role represents genuine opportunity for career growth and advancement, as so many others who have developed with TTG Media will attest.
The role will be based partly at our offices in Southwark, London – a stone’s throw from Waterloo station – and partly at home, with TTG Media recently moving into a new hybrid working format.
We want to see your application!
You'll primarily be responsible for writing, editing and publishing content on ttgmedia.com and for the monthly print magazine – ensuring your content is produced in a timely way, and to the highest possible standards.
This will include generating, writing and uploading breaking news and the chance to work across a variety of content in a fast-paced team.
- Writing copy that is accurate and brilliantly presented, and making use of the best pictures, video and other multimedia assets
- Writing sharp, digital-friendly headlines and teasers and recognising the importance of selling stories strongly and in a manner appropriate for a B2B audience
- Social media skills, preferably including knowledge of social media analytics and the ability to identify trends and apply learnings
- Experience of, and technical skills in, producing podcasts would be a bonus
- The ability to take on larger projects, such as longer-form analytical pieces drawing on a range of sources as well as investigatory pieces that will require taking advantage of FOI legislation or sensitive handling of confidential information
- Taking regular oversight of the web newsdesk as required, deputising for – or working closely with – the deputy news editor and/or news editor to ensure all the key stories are being covered and our to daily bulletins are being fully serviced
- Developing a strong network of contacts at a senior level in travel, often through external events and functions
- Developing a broad overview of the wires and nationals and their take on travel trade relevant stories
- Building up PR contacts to assimilate on-diary stories, and working with the wider news team to secure off-diary stories
Essential skills required for the role
- Experience of working in news, ideally within B2B or local/national news
- Thorough understanding of social media and SEO, including analytics
- Understanding of media law
- Proficient in using a modern CMS
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Minimum 12 months experience in a similar role elsewhere
- An understanding of the travel industry is not essential, but would be extremely useful