Our Professional Information Business Sales team is seeking a Client Specialist to join our Direct Sales team. Partnering closely with Account Managers and Sales Executives, the Client Specialist assists in demonstrating the value of Dow Jones products to prospective clients. The Client Specialist also ensures existing clients are maximising the value of their investment in our products through effective and efficient use of our products in solving their business needs.
- Function as the point person responsible for product trials, liaising with team members to initiate, complete and track product trials with prospective clients.
- Actively participate in product implementation to ensure a timely, smooth and positive experience.
- Proactively contact all users within a defined set of accounts to ensure all are trained in relevant product sets driving usage and improving retention.
- Manage a defined set of pooled accounts, both reactionary and proactively, to ensure proper coverage and revenue attainment.
- Cultivate strong business relationship with end users to best understand their needs; building customer loyalty and minimising the risk of cancellation.
- Prepare and deliver instructor-led or web-based training on DJ products to drive usage, highlighting the most relevant features and benefits so clients realise return on investment.
- Communicate with end users primarily via phone, email and web-conferencing technology.
- Skills & Experience:
- Strong time management skills, with an ability to develop and implement effective systems for managing administrative tasks and tracking progress against appropriate activity goals
- Strong results orientation, initiative and self-motivation with the commitment and drive to contribute toward the achievement of a new business goal in a demanding and competitive business environment.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and customers, to ensure time is maximised for revenue generating and retention activities and the most important customers receive an excellent level of service.
- Excellent communication skills (listening, questioning, written and verbal) to ensure the Dow Jones value position is clearly articulated to prospects, a persuasive business case is presented and a professional image always conveyed.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in face-to-face meetings to ensure smooth progression of opportunities through the sales cycle. This is a key requirement since larger deals are likely to involve multiple stakeholders (individuals and departments) from all levels of the business
- Good level of business awareness to help build credibility with the client, spot potential opportunities within a peer group or industry sector, and express the benefits of Dow Jones in the appropriate business context.
- Dow Jones product knowledge (Factiva, Risk & Compliance, Newswires).
- Technical proficiency (web-conferencing, training software, Salesforce.com).
- Sense of urgency to client or prospect.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - SALES
Job Category: Sales Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 29323