Solar Media is seeking a tenacious, self-starting journalist to join its editorial team as a reporter, working across our industry-leading international energy storage publishing portfolio.
Energy storage is a major enabler of the shift from fossil fuels to renewable energy around the world. Basically, using batteries and other technologies to fill the gaps where solar or wind power aren't generating -- when the sun isn't shining and the wind isn't blowing -- the market has grown rapidly in the last decade and the pace of growth is accelerating.
Energy-Storage.news covers the quickly-growing international energy storage market root and branch, from upstream manufacturing to system design and integration, right the way through to financing and operation. ESN has garnered a reputation for being the industry’s leading source of news and insight as the sector has matured, and we’re looking for a journalist to join our energy storage team on a permanent basis.
The role will include:
- Sourcing, researching and writing news stories and other pieces of content for our Energy-Storage.news;
- Contributing to the output of other titles in the Solar Media portfolio as required;
- Subbing and proofing of other journalists’ work, maintaining our impeccable grammatical and factual reputation;
- Generating and maintaining relationships with industry representatives and officials;
- Pitching, researching and writing editorial content across our portfolio as required;
- Managing regular deadlines according to requirements;
- Utilising our social media presence to broadcast news and updates to our readership;
- Representing the publications at industry events.
Essential experience and skills:
- At least one years’ reporting experience in B2B publishing, or have covered energy, technology or other relevant beats in an alternative medium;
- Impeccable grammar and editorial accuracy;
- A willingness and desire to work across numerous areas of coverage, developing comprehensive industry knowledge and a strong network of contacts.
- Experience in broadcast journalism, capable of recording and editing video and/or audio content;
- Fluent in a language other than English;
- Experience of finance, science or technology-led journalism.
Solar Media has been providing news, analysis and insight to the solar industry for a decade in print, online and in person at our portfolio of global events.
Our work is hugely respected by the industry we serve. You’ll develop your own beat and your own ideas with an emphasis on setting the news agenda for the industry.
We all work across multiple titles as and when required and our newest team member will be expected to do the same. We’re big enough to make a difference and small enough to be nimble, agile and open to executing your best ideas.
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you believe you are fit for the role.