Solar Media is seeking a motivated, passionate journalist to join its editorial team as a graduate reporter, working across our industry-leading international solar publishing portfolio.
As the world progresses towards net zero targets, its energy systems must decarbonise at a rapid rate. Solar PV is emerging as the lowest-cost source of renewable power the world over and the industry is set for meteoric growth over the next decade.
As such, PV Tech is expanding its industry-leading coverage of the sector and bolstering its editorial team to do so. We’re looking for a graduate journalist to join the editorial team on a permanent basis.
The role will include:
- Sourcing, researching and writing news stories and other pieces of content for our flagship site PV Tech;
- Contributing to the output of other titles in the Solar Media portfolio as required;
- Generating and maintaining relationships with industry representatives and officials;
- Pitching, researching and writing editorial content across our portfolio as required;
- Managing regular deadlines according to requirements;
- Utilising our social media presence to broadcast news and updates to our readership, and;
- Representing the publications at industry events.
Essential experience and skills:
- A recent university graduate having studied in a relevant field (journalism, media, environmental studies etc), or having completed relevant industry training;
- A willingness and desire to work across numerous areas of coverage, developing comprehensive industry knowledge and a strong network of contacts;
- An eagerness to learn and expand on a professional skillset;
- Adaptable to new and different challenges: our journalists often work across numerous subject areas and on different products in any given week;
- Excellent communication skills, and;
- Impeccable grammar and editorial accuracy.
- An interest in or experience of broadcast journalism, capable of recording and editing video and/or audio content;
- Fluent in a language other than English;
- Numerical fluency and/or a passion for data or finance journalism
What you will receive:
- A full-time position working on Solar Media’s editorial team, with all copy published with a byline;
- The opportunity to grow and advance within the business;
- Training and guidance from Solar Media’s experienced team of B2B trade journalists;
- A flexible approach to work: our editorial team operates largely remotely, with a base in central London (Victoria) accessible 24/7;
- Exposure to working alongside other teams, including events and market research;
- A friendly and inclusive professional environment;
- The opportunity to work within a fast-paced and environmentally-conscious sector that is truly changing the world.
Solar Media has been providing news, analysis and insight to the solar industry for a decade in print, online and in person at our portfolio of global events.
Our work is hugely respected by the industry we serve. You’ll develop your own beat and your own ideas with an emphasis on setting the news agenda for the industry.
We all work across multiple titles as and when required and our newest team member will be expected to do the same. We’re big enough to make a difference and small enough to be nimble, agile and open to executing your best ideas.
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you believe you are fit for the role.