Job Summary & Purpose
Creative Bloq is the world’s number one design website, providing inspiration and advice for artists and designers across the globe. As the Reviews Editor, you will help support the site’s mission to provide readers with informative and unbiased advice in order to help them make the best purchase decisions
The Reviews Editor’s main goal will be to manage the site’s reviews content strategy across a wide variety of product categories at a robust speed that supports our business. You will fine-tune the reviews workflow process and project manage reviews content from initial ideas to published articles.
A key element of this role is the ability to identify the reviews needed to support new and existing core ecommerce articles, ensuring content is SEO-optimised and ranking well for target search terms. Another fundamental part of this position is updating and maintaining a large number of buying guides, as well as writing news that supports this core ecommerce content.
As Creative Bloq’s resident tech expert, you should be familiar with a wide range of tech product categories, from laptops and smartphones to monitors and web cams.
The Reviews Editor role requires fantastic organisational and time-management skills, a talent for writing sharp, quality content, including SEO and social, as well as the ability to adapt quickly while working in a fast paced and ambitious environment. This includes fun, action-packed periods throughout the year during peak trading season (Black Friday, Amazon Prime etc), in which you will be required to work hours outside of your normal pattern to help maximise audience reach and engagement across the globe.
As well as being responsible for driving ecommerce revenue, the Reviews Editor also helps to develop new initiatives and best practises that can be applied across the site. This includes working with the team and relevant stakeholders to brainstorm for new ideas for growth, develop content that tests assumptions and then pivot resources accordingly to maximise potential in these adjacent and emerging areas
Key role responsibilities
- Create standard testing methodologies for a wide range of product categories
- Write, assign and edit 25+ reviews a month
- Collaborate with the Creative Bloq and SEO team to identify new e-commerce content opportunities
- Update and edit multiple buying guides
- Stay current on trends and product launches via newly built and established relationships with PR contacts
- Liaising and harmonising with other teams in the business whether that be audience development, affiliates or content hubs
- Tracking success against KPIs through internal audience and revenue reports (tracking revenue, CTRs, conversion etc) and using third-party tools (GA, AWR, Parsley etc) to inform and develop the site’s ecommerce strategy
- Passionate about multiple areas of technology, including all areas of computing, mobile and entertainment
- Excellent communication skills to help develop and maintain relationships
- Proven ability to sub and write high quality engaging, relevant content
- Proven ability to deliver high volumes of content at pace
- Experience developing a channel or content type on a large-scale website
- Experience writing and managing the production of ecommerce-related content
- Experience managing freelancers and monthly budget management
- An existing understanding of SEO best practices and the ability to quickly develop these skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Ability to use Google Analytics to report on and inform content strategies
- CMS experience
- Ability to work as part of a wider team
- Ability to interpret third party data and use audience behavioural data to inform content strategy
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees (when we get back to the office)
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
Future is a global multi-platform media company and leading digital publisher, with scalable brands and diversified revenue streams. We are dedicated to connecting over 300 million people worldwide with their passions, through expert content, world-class events and cutting-edge proprietary technology. We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives.
We have a market-leading portfolio of over 220 brands spanning across technology, gaming, TV & entertainment, women’s lifestyle, music, sport, creative and photography, home interest and B2B. You may have heard of us…
But a stellar heritage isn’t enough. We continue to grow our portfolio and launch new brands, restlessly looking to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We develop leading-edge technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, Europe and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!
Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers.