Newsweek is seeking a freelance reporter to work with our London bureau.
You will have detailed knowledge of U.S. news and how to write engaging stories for an American audience.
You will write breaking news stories, conducting original interviews and obtaining exclusives.
You will be able to source, pitch and write several stories each day, with a strong understanding of digital journalism and the needs of a fast-paced newsroom. They will also be adept at monitoring social media and Google trends to find and identify stories and topics of interest for a U.S. audience.
You will be responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
Freelance work offered on various dates as mutually agreed. As a freelancer, you may be based anywhere in the UK or ROI.
- Pitch and write several news stories each day
- Research and write original stories and features
- Scour multiple social media for stories and emerging trends
- Check facts and sources and ensure content is of the highest possible standard
- Experience in a reporting role for a reputable organization
- Experience and familiarity covering U.S. news and trends
- Familiarity of using social media and Google trends to find stories
- Capable of working to tight deadlines