Newsweek is looking for an Entertainment Editor to join our London team.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience covering all aspects of U.S. pop culture and entertainment, from celebrities to social media influencers and the latest Hollywood blockbuster to the hottest new Netflix show.
They will be a digital native aware of the latest entertainment trends and conversations happening around pop culture. The candidate will be familiar responding to both breaking news and commissioning and overseeing originals and exclusives.
The Pop Culture Editor will be expected to grow and develop new areas of Newsweek’s coverage and edit reporters’ copy to a high standard. They will show sound editorial judgment and a comprehensive understanding of media law.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
Our office is based in London Canary Wharf but we are definitely open to the potential of working from home.
- Commission, write and edit various stories for the pop culture team
- React to breaking news
- Scour multiple social media for stories and emerging trends
- Assign and oversee original stories and exclusives
- Check facts and sources and ensure content is of the highest possible standard
- Forward planning for future events
- Experience in an editing role for a reputable organization
- In-depth knowledge of covering U.S. entertainment and pop culture
- Experience of various social media platforms
- Detailed knowledge of SEO
- Capable of working to tight deadlines
- Must be able to work flexible hours