Overview of the role
Lextel is the first global content marketing agency dedicated to the legal industry. Founded by editors/journalists, former in-house counsel and marketing managers from leading commercial firms, we have devised proprietary programmes to transform how firms deliver their content to generate new relationships and drive business growth.
2021 was a year of expansion for Lextel, with the launch of new service lines and the recruitment of new team members in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. We are looking for an ambitious and talented writer/editor to join our team in London.
The role involves creating content across a range of media for commercial law firm clients and tech companies supporting the legal industry. You will be advising client firms on how to create and deliver a content strategy as well as writing and generating the stories which their business clients care about. You will also assist firms to produce impactful submissions for law firm directories and awards. We will support your role as necessary with training on how to frame content strategies and how to understand and use website and social media analytics to demonstrate the impact of your work.
Lextel’s clients rely on our dedication to editorial quality and our deep understanding of their businesses (and what resonates with their target audiences) to help them publish world-class thought leadership. You will need to be able to get to grips with complex business issues and enjoy nurturing client relationships across a wide range of markets and regions.
The successful candidate should have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in an editorial or communications role at a major publisher or law firm
- Ability to produce accurate, insightful content across a range of formats and to deadline
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Ability to deliver new types of editorial products, including digital content and events
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Commercial awareness
- Team-orientated and collaborative outlook
- The right to work in the UK
- A willingness to travel overseas for work
- Legal knowledge or experience is desirable as are additional languages
- Compiling, reviewing and editing law firm submissions for annual legal directories and award ceremonies
- Interviewing senior law firm partners, business leaders, business development and marketing heads, and other stakeholders
- Planning, writing and editing blogs, reports, slide decks, social media posts, and moderating events and roundtables
- Working on survey projects, for example researching the topic and developing survey questionnaires; analysing and reporting on survey data
- Supporting business development in terms of ideas generation and topic research
- Managing content planning and delivery through our project management tools
- Helping to facilitate and lead client seminars on topic and campaign development, for both in-person and digital events
What we offer
- A stimulating environment: Our work is incredibly varied and focused on the cutting edge of how good, well-researched content can build new relationships and deliver value to business leaders. You should be seeking to play an active role in shaping how the legal industry can improve the impact of its content and marketing.
- A supportive culture: We focus on developing our people and providing exciting career opportunities. We invest in training and workshops, and constantly share best practice to ensure that we can all excel at Lextel. We believe in working hard as a unified team with common goals and aspirations.
We believe that our whole team should share in the team’s success. The benefits we offer include:
- A competitive salary based on experience
- A performance-based annual bonus scheme
- 30 days paid annual leave (including public holidays).
- A contributory company pension scheme
- Free on-site gym membership
- Quarterly employee awards
- Regular social events
- Flexible working arrangements
We are based in modern offices at Chester House on the north side of Putney Bridge overlooking the Thames in London. Before the pandemic, we offered flexible working arrangements and we continue to work with our team to meet their needs on sharing time between the office and working from home.
If you would like to apply, please send a copy of your CV and a message outlining your relevant experience, together with links or attachments to relevant published or written work. Applications should be received no later than 24th January. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close applications early.