Junior Video Journalist
Location: i Headquarters – London
In return for their energy and ideas we ensure our people are well rewarded. Our benefits package increases the longer you’ve been with us. Here’s what to expect:
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing by 1 per year up to a total of 30)
- Upon joining you will be automatically enrolled onto the Pension Plan at the minimum level of 5% employee contribution, 3% Company contribution.
- Life cover under the Pension Plan of up to 3x your basic salary.
- DMGT Discounts (for discounts on online shopping, vouchers and reloadable cards)
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite gym (Northcliffe House only)
- Onsite nurse and GP clinics (Northcliffe House only)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted dining cards
Plus many other benefits….
i is recruiting for a Junior Video Journalist to join a growing multimedia team at an exciting time for expansion of one of the UK's most trusted news brands. Working closely with the executive producer, the junior video journalist will provide critical support in the daily functions of the video desk, working closely with other members of the audience team, the newsdesk, and across the newsroom.
Responsibilities and required skills:
- Produce daily video content for inews.co.uk and our social media channels to tight deadlines Strong knowledge of Adobe Premiere or another comparable NLE. (AfterEffects skills an added bonus.) Ability to film to a high standard, primarily with mirrorless cameras, with a passion for the moving image and associated technology. An ability to think on your feet while in the field and a clear understanding of 'shooting for the edit Excellent sound recording skills to ensure all video can be repurposed by the wider multimedia team Strong collaborative skills to work with other members of the i team and external talent A great understanding of the landscape for online video, and a desire to explore new platforms Strong journalistic and fact-checking skills with eagle-eyed attention to detail Ability to write punchy on-screen copy and script voice-over Proficiency in using content management systems and analytics platforms Ability to travel around the UK and potentially overseas Excellent organisational skills to manage complex logistics, access requirements and dealing with sources A keen understanding of the daily news agenda, attention to detail and a solid understanding of media law and the IPSO code The candidate should have a good working knowledge of shooting, editing and producing content, with excellent people skills
At 10 years old, i is Britain's youngest national newspaper and website. We publish reporting, opinion and in-depth features for an intelligent audience. Growing in influence and profitable, in 2020 i was named Britain’s most trusted national news brand (PAMCo), Daily Newspaper of the Year (London Press Club) and News Website of the Year (Online Media Awards). i now has an opportunity to grow again with investment in our original journalism under new owners - so we are looking to recruit to our ambitious editorial team. This position offers the opportunity for a creative and energetic individual to explore new formats and platforms.
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.