Job Description:Dow Jones seeks a research analyst to join a department specializing in ESG analysis, impact investing and purpose- driven performance objectives. This role requires superior writing skills and the ability to explain complex concepts for both experts and consumer audiences. The right candidate will be able to interpret news events through a sustainability lens and identify the future impact of corporate actions across industries, sectors, supply chains and product lines. We are looking for a data-driven analyst who stays on top of industry trends and possesses a comprehensive understanding of how investors can align their portfolios with their values. While you may start remotely, this role is based in our Barcelona office and will report to the Research Director.
- Full analytical ESG responsibility of a given portfolio and/or industry and/or region
- Active contribution in the creation of thematic research to examine and detect emerging social and environmental trends at industry/regional level
- Develop and maintain relationships with investor relations and management of companies, issuers and asset owners under coverage
- Keep abreast of related news flow to identify opportunities for special reports and updates as needed based on implications of news/industry developments
Required experience and skills :
- At least 3 years of experience in research ideally with a focus on capital markets or finance
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Statistics/Math, Economics or related field of study
- Knowledge of Environmental, Social and Governance issues desired
- Completion of one or more professional designation
- Interest in financial modeling and capital markets
- Analytical skills, writing, client communications, and presentation delivery
- Ability to communicate clearly to internal and external audiences
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 29529