SEO and Affiliates Content Editor (Hearst Institute)
LONDON, United Kingdom
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our SEO and Affiliates Content Editor (Hearst Institute) to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
The Hearst Institute tests hundreds of products every year in both lab and real-world conditions so that Hearst’s brands can recommend the best products on the market to their readers. We’re looking for an experienced SEO and Affiliates Content Editor to join the Hearst Institute content team and lead its SEO and affiliates strategy.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- You’ll report into the Head of Content and Workflow (Hearst Institute) and work together to create, implement and maintain a robust SEO content update strategy on all Hearst Institute content, with particular focus on product review content created for Good Housekeeping. You’ll also work closely with the SEO Director to align Hearst Institute’s SEO strategy with wider business goals.
- You’ll work with Hearst’s other flagship titles - including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Women’s Health and Men’s Health – to ensure all Hearst Institute content is fully optimised for SEO, and work with the digital editors to identify and update top-performing articles.
- You’ll provide guidance on headlines, URLs and other article furniture to the rest of the Hearst Institute content team and write informative and engaging product reviews, buying guides and product news stories when necessary, across a variety of Hearst’s brands, to help strengthen their authority in the product review space.
- You’ll also work with the Hearst Institute testing teams to ensure all content you create is accurate and up to date, as well as helping them develop their product testing calendars based on SEO traffic peaks.
- You’ll work closely with the Senior Affiliates Manager to optimise affiliate revenue and develop an affiliates strategy for the Hearst Institute, ensuring the Hearst Institute meets wider business targets.
- You’ll also work with the central data team to improve tracking and reporting on Hearst Institute content and report back on its success.
- We’re looking for someone with excellent in-depth knowledge of SEO and editorial best practice. You’ll have experience using SEO tools such as Google Trends and completing keyword research, while also have a strong writing ability and demonstrable experience writing SEO content and updates, ideally for multiple publications.
- You’ll be able to transform product test results into engaging, jargon-free copy at speed and adapt your tone and style of writing to suit different publications. You must be accurate and organised and have experience using content management systems.
- Good knowledge of affiliate linking and working with affiliate platforms such as Amazon and Skimlinks is also desirable, while experience gathering and analysing data from platforms such as Google Analytics is essential.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Hybrid working – Two days per week in the office
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.