Dow Jones publishes the world's most trusted business news and financial information, bringing together world-leading data, media, membership and intelligence solutions to power the most ambitious companies and professionals. Our vision is to offer tailored customer experiences from purchase, to product, to customer support and delivery of the right content, at the right time, to the right person, through the right channels, to give the best experience.
Dow Jones seeks a QA Engineer to be part of the team accelerating the momentum of our customer-facing experimentation efforts.
What will you do?
Build, own and drive the testing and automation efforts across browsers, devices, regions and user states to ensure that an A/B experiment is functional and thus, that the actionable insight the experiment is providing is valid. As we build out our capabilities around feature flags, a/b, and multivariate experimentation, this role offers a chance for a QA engineer to learn about the world of online controlled experiments- launching sets of features and measuring outcomes to verify hypotheses about our audiences' behavior.
Additionally, a key part of the role will be to develop strategies for improving the coverage and speed of test cycle execution through effective use of tools including automation and analysis tools, and monitoring the performance and pagespeed impact of a given experiment.
Ideally, a candidate for this position can help assist in the analysis of experiments. This includes helping to estimate traffic, validate data and events, and keep an eye on the traffic flows to ensure that we're not operating on faulty assumptions, with respect to the sizes of audiences included in a given experiment.
- Work closely with the team in understanding testing needs and priorities
- Adoption of the automated test coverage throughout the entire SDLC process
- Help develop test-coverage strategies with the developers building out our experimentation-related codebases
- Work with developers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Help maintain
- Working with developers to perform root-cause analysis and preliminary problem diagnosis
- Helps maintain a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures; code quality metrics (as decided by the program), dependencies, and notification lists
- Provide needed input efficiently on QA activities
- Create and Review QA project artifacts including Test Plans, Test Scripts and project strategies
- Establish close working relationships with development teams
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
What do you bring: skills and aptitudes
- Strong collaborative instincts and interpersonal skills; must enjoy and work well with a wide variety of stakeholders in a complex organization
- At least 3 years of experience in software testing methodologies and processes in an agile environment
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Experience with various types of testing including functional, regression, integration, load, performance, system, user acceptance and end-to-end testing
- Prior experience in automating functional testing, acceptance testing and system testing
- Strong analytical, strategic, and creative problem-solving capabilities with the aptitude to identify KPIs and gather and analyze data
- Intuitive business strategy mindset
- Familiarity with web programming languages
- Familiarity with browser developer tools
How much experience should you have?
3+ years of QA experience
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Job Category: Technology Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 29585