Job title: Senior Reporter
Reports to: News Editor
Main purpose of the role
To work with the news team to create engaging editorial content of the highest standard for the web, magazine and other platforms, conforming to The Bookseller’s house style.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing fast, accurate news stories for www.theBookseller.com online, including for daily morning news email, with a focus on looking for original stories and scoops
- Contributing news and feature stories to the print content of The Bookseller
- Developing constructive contacts on defined patches in order to pick up scoops, get comments, take feedback etc.
- Working both on own initiative and as a team with the other reporters on larger stories, and with flexibility on other patches as news team needs require.
- When pandemic allows, representing The Bookseller in face-to-face meets with contacts at launch events, conferences and presentations.
Key skills required:
- Substantial experience of news reporting on a business-to-business magazine, daily or weekly newspaper or news website
- PC and Mac literate
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Familiarity with the book industry will be an advantage
Personal Attributes required:
- Able to work independently but also as part of a wider team
- Shows initiative and is self-motivated
- Organised and demonstrates excellent attention to detail
- Intuitive to business needs
- Able to network and develop relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to positively contribute to a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Excellent training and the opportunity to develop your career
• Based in the heart of London Bridge
• Access to our discounts’ portal
• Membership to Employee Assistance Programme
• Annual season ticket loan
• Life Insurance
We will consider candidates who would prefer a four-day working week as an alternative to a full-time post