Structured Finance Reporter
International Financing Review, a LSEG company, the world's leading source of capital markets intelligence for over 30 years, is looking for a knowledgeable and motivated reporter to join the London team covering the bond market, with a focus on structured finance.
Covering structured finance and broader credit markets for both IFR magazine and IFR's real-time products, the reporter will break news and write analysis for IFR. The candidate may also be required to some liaising and work with other reporters covering financial institutions, high-yield and leveraged loans for crossover stories. We are looking for a reporter who is comfortable talking to senior bankers, investors, traders and issuers in the structured finance markets.
The Structured Finance Reporter will join a team that breaks news, shapes opinion and has unparalleled exposure to a worldwide readership on our many platforms - from real-time screens to a highly regarded weekly magazine. You’ll also have unique access to market leaders and decision-makers in the capital markets: major investors, corporate leaders, top lawyers and investment bankers, and more. Covering primarily structured finance but also wider credit markets, including financial institutions for the IFR magazine and IFR's realtime products you will cover a range of topics from new issues, mandates, and major market moves.
You’ll need to be good at cultivating contacts, thinking analytically and writing with polish and flair quickly. Send your very best published clips for consideration.
The reporter will join a close-knit team responsible for credit coverage across various IFR platforms with real-time, daily and weekly deadlines. The cornerstone of coverage is the ABS Briefing delivered to clients each afternoon. You will build strong relationships with market participants, be confident dealing with senior bankers and able to explain deals and market trends clearly and accurately.
The role would suit an enthusiastic reporter capable of identifying new information and fresh angles on a competitive beat. You will thrive under pressure and will be able to juggle many deadlines while delivering accurate articles and break news on your beat.
- Proactive approach to generating credit market content written for expert and non-expert clients.
- Ensuring a daily flow of information on new issue news, pricing and market moves is covered efficiently and timely fashion.
- Breaking news on the real time credit service on IFR Markets platform
- Exercising sound news judgment on what moves markets and why
- Establishing and maintaining close contact with bankers, traders and investors
- Contributing to the magazine's news and product sections
Essential Required Skills:
- Experience of reporting, research or market experience covering or working in the credit market. A thorough knowledge and understanding of the credit markets.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Extensive network of sources in the finance market both on the sellside and buyside.
- Solid organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Foreign languages , especially continental European such as Spanish, French, Italian or German
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise – and our purpose. You’ll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (“We”) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.