Title: Social Media Producer
Job type: Two-year fixed-term contract
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
We are seeking experienced reporters, editors and multimedia experts to join our growing newsroom to help us launch a new website focusing on the impacts and opportunities presented by historic and current Muslim migration into Europe and the UK.
If you are a reporter, editor and/or multimedia expert seeking a new challenge we offer competitive rates and flexible working opportunities across the full journalistic spectrum, including news reporting, feature writing, long reads and audio/visual content.
We are seeking digital journalists who can connect in-depth reporting with vivid storytelling while originating important stories about migration into Europe and the UK.
- To create engaging and insightful posts on social media, supporting the Head of Social Media and Audience Development. This includes Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and other relevant platforms.
- Enhance our social storytelling by creating unique social media content supported by an editorial budget.
- Work closely with reporters to exploit and enhance our storytelling across social media platforms. This may include some travel and on-site reporting to capture video and audio.
- Supports the Head of Social Media and Audience Development to identify trends that may present opportunities for our journalists, including events and new products, including podcasts.
- Cultivate a unique online voice for our content.
- At least five years’ experience working closely in or with a news or features team.
- Candidates should have familiarity with the impacts, aspirations and influences associated with historic and current Muslim migration into the UK and Europe — across political, social, economic and civil society fields as well the fields of sport, business, arts and lifestyle.
- Strong writing skills and editorial judgement.
- Strong visual skills for creating graphics images and video to illustrate stories.
- A deep understanding of digital content platforms and how to create share-friendly social media videos.
- Should be able to work independently.
- Ability to write compelling, but balanced and accurate headlines and posts.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative mindset.
We are particularly interested to hear from candidates with experience and ideas on reaching diverse audiences throughout the UK and Europe.
30 days paid leave per year.
Working from home or in-person reporting with some days in our London office.
Applicants should email a CV, cover letter and relevant examples of their work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: February 21, 2022